Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else have the problem of it sounding like your brakes are stuck this car is drving me crazy..as much as i love it is giving me nothing but headachs

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
MikeD588 said:
Does anyone else have the problem of it sounding like your brakes are stuck this car is drving me crazy..as much as i love it is giving me nothing but headachs
The only time mine does this is after driving in the rain or after washing the car. Once they heat up they are OK.

You may also have a pad that is outta whack.

·
Super Moderator
5,926 Posts
if it is a grinding it might be something between the pad like a stone ( had it happen to me a couple of times) and the rotor if it si squelling than it might just be dirt you can go and get brake cleaner and spray it on there and see if that is what it is

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
MikeD588 said:
what do you mean bye a pad that is outta wack
The pad may not be seated properly... debris inside between the pad and the rotor... or the dreaded warped rotor.

So is the happeneing to ALL the brakes or just one?

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
I'm experiencing some squeaking in my brakes... I only have 5000 miles on my car and don't really brake hard ( I don't think ).

It sounds like it's only in the front passenger side. It's a pretty high pitched squeaking and it's only when I start to apply the brakes and at really low speeds like <5mph...

Help?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Your Brakes are just braking in. If you are still worried, throw some brake cleaner down the pads and rotor, this should help.
SOrry, i didn't see this post earlier. I would of answered then.
Chris

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Thanks.. I'm still experiencing the squeaking. I now have a little over 6 thousand. It's not any louder.. but I don't see anything different in how they perform. It's starting to get on my nerves. Of course I only notice it when i don't have music playing and I have the windows down.. (that doesn't occur at the same time very often)

·
Registered
20 Posts
My Fast is suffering from the squeal of death on the passenger side. It's so bad that I damn-near lock the car up at intersections just to avoid the dragging on of that horrible squeal. I am almost resigned to take it in and just have the brakes done. I'd rather not but I can't think of anything that has occurred that would bring forth such a noise. Maybe it will crack windows of those around me as I approach intersections like a shrill noise breaks glass?

Any ideas?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.