My Fast GTi banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just acquired my gti and am sooo happy with it. Anyway, I am dying to hear my favorite sound in the world. I have seen plenty of info about the forge DV and I have heard of people using the HKS SBOV. How difficult is the install of this BOV, since it replaces the stock valve? Also, would it be just as beneficial to just go the easier route and use the Forge DV? I just placed my order for an apr chip, TBE, and intake; so I am more inclined to upgrade the valve before I start the rest of the work so i don't blow anything. Any advice is much appreciated.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,311 Posts
prototype_x9 said:
I just acquired my gti and am sooo happy with it. Anyway, I am dying to hear my favorite sound in the world. I have seen plenty of info about the forge DV and I have heard of people using the HKS SBOV. How difficult is the install of this BOV, since it replaces the stock valve? Also, would it be just as beneficial to just go the easier route and use the Forge DV? I just placed my order for an apr chip, TBE, and intake; so I am more inclined to upgrade the valve before I start the rest of the work so i don't blow anything. Any advice is much appreciated.
Use this button:


IMO- go with the forge unless you want to deal with check engine lights.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did search, I found a plethora of info on the Forge unit but no info on the install of the HKS valve. I digress, will most likely order the forge valve seeing that most people on this site love it and have not had any CEL's
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,311 Posts
Paging 22350!

:-X He has an HKS SQV and his Forge is on back-order.

Ask his opinion. ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,064 Posts
Dragon said:
Paging 22350!

:-X He has an HKS SQV and his Forge is on back-order.

Ask his opinion. ;D
HKS is an awesome valve.....It just doesn't like the VAG. GTFLY hasn't had any CEL's that he knows of from it, I have and currently do.

I like the HKS but the FORGE is going to be what I run as soon as I can get one.

Call me a CEL hater 'cause I am
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
749 Posts
22350 said:
HKS is an awesome valve.....It just doesn't like the VAG. GTFLY hasn't had any CEL's that he knows of from it, I have and currently do.

I like the HKS but the FORGE is going to be what I run as soon as I can get one.

Call me a CEL hater 'cause I am
How does he not know if he has a CEL? Is his light disabled?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,064 Posts
BlueFrogPosse said:
22350 said:
HKS is an awesome valve.....It just doesn't like the VAG. GTFLY hasn't had any CEL's that he knows of from it, I have and currently do.

I like the HKS but the FORGE is going to be what I run as soon as I can get one.

Call me a CEL hater 'cause I am
How does he not know if he has a CEL? Is his light disabled?
No he always has a CEL because he removed his CAT....kinda scary to always roll around with a CEL.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,629 Posts
i heard the Forge DV makes the car sound weird. i never heard it first hand but a local club forum i go on has people not liking the sound too much of it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
285 Posts
The sound from the forge dv is a little different, the oem dv will flutter and go phphphphhph but the forge just make a pff sound i like it thank god. the fmic is working awesome for me. ABD ROCKS!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,311 Posts
GTfly said:
i heard the Forge DV makes the car sound weird. i never heard it first hand but a local club forum i go on has people not liking the sound too much of it.
Yeah- but no one can hear it when all they are seeing is your tail lights ;D
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top