Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have a quick question.... I have a 1st gen authentic HKS SSQV on my GTI. Its not loud at all, (Keep in mind that its properly installed, and not just a show item!) Its connected to the turbo manifold and dumps back to the Turbo Inlet Pipe. But the other day I broke the little in-line coupling that connects the vacuum line from the BOV.

NOTE: I'm sorry if any of the information i posted is incorrect.... Don't have my car in front of me, and just trying to remember how its connected by memory.

Well now when ever i let off the gas, I get a very loud blow off sound! I like it, but my questions is, will having the vacuum line disconnected damage or hurt anything? Its an extremely easy and quick fix. But if this is something that is unnecessary, I would like to keep it off.

I tried researching the purpose of the vacuum line from the BOV, but I could never get a clear answer! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone have a answer about the vacuum line that goes to the BOV, and whether or not its bad to leave it disconnected?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts