Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an immense amount of turbo flutter and backspin on my turbo. I heard putting a BOV on decreases the amount of air flow back into the turbo (which is what creates turbo flutter). Correct me if i'm wrong. Although, looking around on other forum sites some say that you wouldn't be able to put a BOV on a VRT? I'm running a forge DV at the moment. What's the deal, hook me up with some ideas. PLEEEEEEASE

·
Use Google Search!!!!
8,222 Posts
A dv does essentially the same thing, just in a different way. I dont know anything about the vr6, but if your stalling the turbo something is seriously wrong here. Is the sh!t hooked up right?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just a precaution. For the longest time I though I had a turbo flutter...came to find out I blew a chunk of my manifold gasket...it sounded just like it. Go DV...thats just me. I tried both DV and BOV. I dont know about the rest but when I got my car chipped I had a BOV. Then a friend told me to switch it...mad difference especially if you use higher tension spring.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I'm almost positive everything is hooked up alright. I mean it only flutters loudly at about 4500-6000 rpms, but I don't typically shift that high all too much so it shouldn't really be a problem. I was looking at the Tial 50mm Bov and that looks quite nice, and a lot less complicated than say a GReddy or an HKS. A lot less fiddling with air control. I think i'm gonna stick with the DV for now, the car's loud enough (;

1 - 5 of 5 Posts