Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! i am new to the vw golf. I was wondering if someone could please put up pictures in how to install a bov on the mk4 golf please! or a video that would be very helpful!!! thank you

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
the hks ssqv isnt open/close on boost/vacuum it opens and closes on pressure differences. so when you boost its close but when it unboost is opens... but then when you idle it closes back up because idle is a different pressure then blow off. if you get what im saying?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah i get what your saying. i just didnt know what you ment at firsrt when you said make sure you get one that stays closed. thank you for your help! just asking cause im buying a hks bov this month and was just wondering :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh ok. sorry for all the questions but need to know :) im new to the whole GTI vw i had a sick eagle talon before this. i just bought my mk4. this might be a stupid question but where is the DV do you have any pics or links to show me.

·
I'm Watching You
15,550 Posts
agree with Clayton

but mine looks the same without all the shiny stuff

·
Registered
23 Posts
i read somewhere that your not supposed to run a bov unless you get your ecu tuned to run without the maf sensor? it didnt sound right to me but then again i bought my gti with a lot of mods and one of them was a bigger DV n i was wondering why they didnt just go with a bov??

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
i read somewhere that your not supposed to run a bov unless you get your ecu tuned to run without the maf sensor? it didnt sound right to me but then again i bought my gti with a lot of mods and one of them was a bigger DV n i was wondering why they didnt just go with a bov??
False info you read.

For mkiv's you can run a bov if it's closed at idle. You can do that on an all stock motor, no problems.

·
Registered
23 Posts
False info you read.

For mkiv's you can run a bov if it's closed at idle. You can do that on an all stock motor, no problems.
thats what i was thinking but i figured it couldnt hurt to check

·
Premium Member
6,854 Posts
the hks ssqv isnt open/close on boost/vacuum it opens and closes on pressure differences. so when you boost its close but when it unboost is opens... but then when you idle it closes back up because idle is a different pressure then blow off. if you get what im saying?
It still runs on vac pressure, boost holds it closed but vac opens it up hence the vac hose on the back...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.