Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lotta confusion over this :/
Looking to put a bov in but.... where? I know I need some type of pipe or adapter or something but don't know exactly what it is or where to get it. and I've seen like 4 different locations for installation. I saw a video of an mkv with the same bov that I bought and it was front and center right behind the hood latch. Any help on this as to how I can get this in?

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Bsh offers a relocation kit

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
You dont want a BOV for a mkv man.
I gave up trying to persuade people.

and that relocates it to the front? Then I mount it on there? and it costs 280? Thats like the price of an intake, wtf :/
Well, you don't have to relocate it. That's your preference...

·
Use Google Search!!!!
8,222 Posts
I gave up trying to persuade people.

Well, you don't have to relocate it. That's your preference...
Haha, I just figured I would put it out there that they dont run right on mkv, in case he didnt know.

You can either get one that bolts right up or relocate. Relocating makes it easier to get at and service if you get one that requires service. The best one to get is the newest factory revision dv. Which you might already have, check it out

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea i know it doesnt make the famous "woosh" when i shift gears since i have dsg; only when i let off the gas. in what other way does this bov not work? damn damn :/
...sigh...
anyone wanna buy an HKS SSQV BOV Black Limited Edition?? :'(
haha bran' fkn new

·
Use Google Search!!!!
8,222 Posts
yea i know it doesnt make the famous "woosh" when i shift gears since i have dsg; only when i let off the gas. in what other way does this bov not work? damn damn :/
...sigh...
haha bran' fkn new
Mkv runs like sh!t with them. And you do get that noise if you have an intake.

·
Premium Member
8,973 Posts
...sigh...
haha bran' fkn new
pics, specs, and price please. Don't need one ATM* but I will in the future.

* at the moment not a$$ to mouth

·
I'm Watching You
15,550 Posts
pics, specs, and price please. Don't need one ATM* but I will in the future.

* at the moment not a$$ to mouth
lol ass to mouth

yea how much you asking for it?

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hahaha as to mouth...

Sigh. "no you don't want a bov on your car... sell it to me cuz I want it!"
Funny. Well ima do some more research on this whole installation deal, then ill see if I put it up for sale.
but for now, name your price. I see these priced around $220 or so but don't worry, I wont go THAT high

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
the people who wanna buy it have MKIV's, BOV work well with the IV, the V is a different story

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
51? :/ I feel I should get at least closeee to what I paid considering all i did was just take it outta the box, and held it haha
and whats the "different story" ?
I'm not trying to be annoying, om just curious cuz I really have no idea :/

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
haha there isnt much of a story, its just they work on MKIV,s and USUALLY dont on MKV's

1 - 20 of 63 Posts