Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i havnt heard of anyone doing this at all. And ive searched! Fill me in if im wrong please.

Why hasnt anyone thought of installing a dual stage boost controller. I came across one and it was about 200 and it was manual not electronic. But i believe it can be changed from the inside of the car. Also i know a guy who runs a constant 15 psi on his turbo but he's worried it will stress it to much over time. So i was thinking if thi would be a good idea to install since u can switch from normal 8 pounds to 15(for racing). Its been in my head for months now so i just wanted to share.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh and the guy has an 04 GTI. He said he talked to the dealer and they said german turbos last long and are built well. Just adding

·
Registered
5 Posts
i have an 04 with a 3" turbo back, cold air, new clutch/flywheel and i run a constant 17psi, and i have no issues, he shouldnt either, these motors a made stronger than you think, not as strong as say a 4g63, but its still meant to be turbo'd, and it is made to have a few mods here and there O0

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking of getting a manual one for now and then up grading it later. Does anyone have any on there 06 GTI's? Ive seen old ones with them but ive been looking for some new ones that i know will be good for the car and will perform great

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the sites. U think Turbo XS is a reputable company? Cuz the dual stage seems like a great choice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts