My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
i actually heard the other day that the 1 series is coming down here. my sister is looking for cars and brought it up.

·
Registered
137 Posts
there's a video on youtube from the bbc show topgear... the bmw 1-series sucked, too expensive, no backseat leg room, not worth it... but who knows, it might improve. :D

·
Registered
137 Posts
this video is in german and has some cool slalom and brake scenes. the rear-wheel drive action looks awesome on the beamer. can anybody translate the +/- parts of the comparison?

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thalo said:
Looks cool, but it's probably gonna cost like $50,000 in Canada.
They would need to be well under that to compete in this segment, which I am sure they want a piece of. Look at Volvo, with the C30 they are trying to get buyers in at the bottom end of their brand. Volvo's problem is that an equally equipped C30 is $4000 more than the GTI. Mercedes has tried twice in Canada with that ugly hatchback and the equally ugly and inept B-Class. If BMW was smart, they would price it a bit more than a GTI (with equal specs of course!). I love GTI's and VW's in general but I truly feel there is NO competition (including the Mazda Speed).

·
Registered
81 Posts
I seen that in a car magazine a few years ago. I read it and they said America wont be having them, but that was years ago... don't know how it will turn out. It would be a nice car to have... I have a feeling girls would go for them... :)

·
Registered
635 Posts
the one series is getting the 330i engine but lower specs...in europe the price is as low as 15k euro all the way to 21k euro thats pretty damn cheap...it will be priced lower than the base 3 series around 25k it will come in a convertible...2dr coupe...4 door and a bunch of hatchbacks..the M version will have around 300horses so cant wait for that

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
the most recent car and driver....had an article on the 1series. the top gear and fifth gear reviews only tested the 130i, car and driver said we would b gettin the 135i. But i dont think the increase in output will outweigh the points the tiff and especially jeremy clarkson made bout the interior of bmw

isnt the r32 goin to become the r36 also?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Seeing as we don't get the R32 here in Canada, the BMW 335xi twin-turbo has really caught my eye.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
im not sure if u can compare a 335xi to a r32, other than that they are german, 6 cylinder and all wheel drive. the body styles are slightly different the r32 is more of a hatchback coupe and the 335 is either comes as a regular styled coupe, convertible or sedan.

The r32 would also really be behind on power and the 335 is i want to say bout 15grand more than the r32

unless u made a typo and meant to refer to a 135xi? then i could see the comparison.

·
Registered
245 Posts
wasn't really comparing. I am just in the middle of Car/SUV shopping and I just don't have the option of upgrading to the R32/R36

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
ahhh ok....didnt mean to bust ur ballz or nething.

I would love a 335i convertible. Unfortunately thats not gonna happen till a couple of years after i graduate college.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Current toss up is between the 335xi (AWD) and a SUV like a Nissan Xterra or other small sized SUV for things like camping and winter time. But that considered, we (GF & I) would prefer another car. I can just see not wanting to drive the SUV some days but it would be smarter for the GF to take the Car (GTI at this point if we got a SUV) to work... so that would mean I would be stuck driving the Xterra which i'm sure I would not enjoy anywhere near as much as the GTI or 335xi.

Also don't want to have to order a 335xi and wait 6 months.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts