Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a vr6 mk4 with a vf egineering sc kit. Its the v-9 F trim supercharger. I have problems with the seal in the sc i believe. Also i wanted to know wether to get a blow off valve or diverter valve for this set up. Please let me know what you think would be the best....

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
I have a vr6 mk4 with a vf egineering sc kit. Its the v-9 F trim supercharger. I have problems with the seal in the sc i believe. Also i wanted to know wether to get a blow off valve or diverter valve for this set up. Please let me know what you think would be the best....
lol how do you go from blown seal to what valve should i buy?

regardless does the tune say bov or dv?

some tunes are actually built to run correctly with BOV and some with DV

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well i have known the seal is messed up so it wasnt a big deal im getting it fixed here in a bit. im not sure about the tune though. Im just trying to figure out which is the best for my car.

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
Well i have known the seal is messed up so it wasnt a big deal im getting it fixed here in a bit. im not sure about the tune though. Im just trying to figure out which is the best for my car.
Depends on the tune.... Stock 1.8 t use DV but because your a vr which was na at first it depends on the tune you are running.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
how do i figure out which tune?
i just bought the car and do not know all the specs yet
first mistake, buying a boosted VR
second mistake, not even knowing what you just got yourself into

call VF engineering and see what they recommend.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Wait a minute...why would you need a BOV or DV if its not turbo?
Because both turbos and supercharged create boost, and that boost needs to go somewhere then the throttle plate closes up

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
Yes, Silva is the only one who understands motors on this site.... [suicide]
With the recent people joining the site and the senior members never posting it seems that way, but clearly I was being sarcastic.

·
Use Google Search!!!!
8,222 Posts
With the recent people joining the site and the senior members never posting it seems that way, but clearly I was being sarcastic.

Oh, I'm here. What the problem is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
yessir, i havent been on for a while, i just recently started getting back on because 1)im no longer in the army and 2) i need to brag about my k04. and vf superchargers usually only creat 12lbs peak, and since the SC slows down when the engine slows down (making it inferior) a BOV would be used, if needed

·
Premium Member
10,066 Posts
what kinda gas mileage are u gettn on that supercharger setup ? im on the fence between goin supercharger or a turbo similar to this one my buddy has on his vr6 its a fully built 12V VR6 with a GT3071R & a peliquin lsd in his 6spd tranny From A Mk4 GLI VR6

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
what kinda gas mileage are u gettn on that supercharger setup ? im on the fence between goin supercharger or a turbo similar to this one my buddy has on his vr6 its a fully built 12V VR6 with a GT3071R & a peliquin lsd in his 6spd tranny From A Mk4 GLI VR6
i aquired teh erection over this pic

·
Premium Member
10,066 Posts
i aquired teh erection over this pic
me too ... i may just say fvck it and join the VRT world after all i mean i love the sound of a SC and the ease of just bolt on and go but i really like that setup

1 - 20 of 28 Posts