Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
61 - 79 of 79 Posts

· Registered
2,168 Posts
fastgirl said:
Did anyone figure out if we can use bluetooth in our GTI's? I'm about to buy a new phone and wondering if I should go with the bluetooth. CAN ANYONE HELP!!!!!!!!!??????? THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
get a bluetooth phone!...there are soo many advantages w/ having one. Not jus coz u can have one of those alien communicators attached to the side of ur head. But being able to connect to ur laptop/computer. more than likely u can hack ur phone so wireless internet. Up and download stuff to ur phone. Wireless headphone to play music...the list is endless.

OH AND FOR THE CHANCE OF HAVING IT CONNECTED TO UR FAST

· Registered
17 Posts
glad to see all the chatter about da--->button :p.. salesman originally said that the system was not here yet & that it would cost around $500 to install @ dealer. why even put a button in to begin with ? ...lets jus make a door here that goes to nowhere, lol. ..i too feel uncomfortable wearing the samsung 200wep around in public, even though i can play tunes through it w/ the motorola v3xx ...but while in the co- pilots seat with the mrs. driving the 6 speed and having the phone up to her ear is enough to give me hives :D i gotta do something ...

· Registered
6 Posts
This thread is old, so not sure if this will be discussed. But was wondering if there is anything new about bluetooth kits that will integrate into the 2007 GTI. If anyone can help, that would be great ???

Fast Freddie said:
Haven't seen anyone asking about the Bluetooth accessory yet. Post your questions and I'll get them answered.

· Registered
6 Posts
the problem is two-fold: vw won't warranty the work, even if the dealership does the install. second, I won't be able to install it like the guy on the youtube video did. TRUST ME when i tell you i am NOT technically inclined. I just can't believe that they have that integration in europe and not here in the states!!!!

Vegas Fahrenheit said:

Link to Youtube - Integrated bluetooth (Parrot CK3000) install on Mark V GTI

· Registered
110 Posts
I am at work and youtube is blocked... but i have the IHF 1000 Motorola and it works great i have 3 of my phones paired to it.... and the voice recognition is amazing.. i dont have to sound like a retard while saying a name... it has a 20 contact listing AND different languages. Plus the little interface looks sweet with the chrome face. I have mine right above the gear shift thingy. (god i really feel like a blonde... what is proper name for it?)

OH and the microphone WAS installed in the same place that the EUropean version would be BUT after a few calls i noticed the microphone was being muffled by the little vent in the front light. so i had the dealership REDO the mic install and they did it free of charge...

· Registered
110 Posts
drj1974 said:
This thread is old, so not sure if this will be discussed. But was wondering if there is anything new about bluetooth kits that will integrate into the 2007 GTI. If anyone can help, that would be great ???

Fast Freddie said:
Haven't seen anyone asking about the Bluetooth accessory yet. Post your questions and I'll get them answered.
hEY I forgot to mention i was at my dealer getting my 10000k service done on my car and i noticed that they discontinued offering the Motorola IHF 1000 Bluetooth car kit and are now offering this WEAK FM transmitter bluetooth...(looks like they are tired of installing the kits) Needless to say it replaces your rear-view mirror with a new one but this ones comes with a bluetooth device and it even diplays the incoming call numbers in the mirror itself... although a nice little change in design i feel the FM transmitter parts kills it... as of right now i know the parking garage i leave my car during work gets crappy to no FM signal.. if i am on a call it is fine but if i were using the FM bluetooth i would be screwed... so i dont know.... anyone else see this??

· Registered
110 Posts
FunWithFire said:
Your crappy FM reception from the inside of the parking garage would have no effect since you would be broadcasting the signal yourself.
Yeah it dawned on me when my girl had her ipod playing through the FM transmitter in some garage recently... IMO if it isn't hard-wired then it isn't complete....

· Registered
2 Posts
Thalo said:
Exact same thing the salesperson told me. But the car's pre-wired for it, so you only need to get an aftermarket bluetooth adapter. The speakers for it are the small ones on the ceiling, next to the moonroof controls.
If any of you get driver, a couple of issues ago they had a GTI all tuned up from the dealership itself. with aftermaket exhaust, etc. they also put in an OEM AUDI A3 BLUETOOTH OPTION. just spend the $500 from the Audi dealer, put it in yourself and be done with it. O0

· Registered
1 Posts
Although, I am not an owner of a GTI, sorry not to practial with two small kids, both under 3! I am a Jetta owner, of a 2005 A5 with 64K miles on it and prior to that I had a 2003 Jetta GLS, that had 48K miles when I traded it for the A5 on the day it was launched, in March of 05. Both my 03 and 05 have and had the phone button, in fact Audi's have had them for longer, back when the button was to be tied to a hardwired car kit, I find it hard to believe that VW is having issues, that is unless they refuse to pay for the "rights" to use the technology, other auto manufactures have figured it out. There might be an aftermarket solution out there and it would sure be cheaper than what VW will charge..... Case in point Fry your Sat radio module and it will set you back 5 BILLS, but you can p/u on ebay or from your local car audio shop the same uint for under $250!

Leave it to VW to print in all there car manuals that the controls are there and what they are for, yet not have them work. Don;t get me wrong I love my VW, in fact my wife drives a 2002 Jetta GLS with over 120K Miles

· Registered
2,168 Posts
do u know how much it would b jus for the bluetooth. Does it work w/ the buttons? and headunit?

· Premium Member
5,927 Posts
i know this is a dead horse. but you can get the german version radio and have it installed and than you can use the phone button.

61 - 79 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.