My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Cell Phone shop has
HTML:
[URL="http://www.kqzyfj.com/click-1954651-10398521"]cell phone accessories 80% off[/URL][IMG]http://www.awltovhc.com/image-1954651-10398521[/IMG]

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'll bite. I've a BlueTooth phone and would like to interface it to my new GTI. I've the 'phone' button on the steering wheel, but have no idea how to make it work with the phone.

Tom

·
Registered
2 Posts
was told by my salesman that the button is useless, they were in contract talks with bluetooth but it fell through.. not sure how true that is, but it's what he told me

·
Registered
39 Posts
CandlerRJ200 said:
was told by my salesman that the button is useless, they were in contract talks with bluetooth but it fell through.. not sure how true that is, but it's what he told me
If that's true... I would wish they didn't put that button there in the first place :(. Buuuut. The Euro models had them too, I would have to presume, right? So maybe the contract is still being worked on, or, as my fuzzy memory is telling me...

"The bluetooth chip is still being produced but can be installed later" or something like that. I hope they go through with it, and it's not a case of legal robbery to have it installed. Oh the envy I'll draw from my buddies.. ;D ;D

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Exact same thing the salesperson told me. But the car's pre-wired for it, so you only need to get an aftermarket bluetooth adapter. The speakers for it are the small ones on the ceiling, next to the moonroof controls.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CandlerRJ200 said:
That's the same story I've gotten from VW trainers. Something to do with a Legal issue preventing them from installing the Bluetooth module. Very frustrating.....

I was told that negotiations are still in the works and that a "plug in" accessory may be available at a later date. Nothing in stone though.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Does anyone know if all MkV's are prewired for a phone? Do they all have a phone button on the steering wheel? I didn't notice when I test drove one, but this is a feature I'd love to have. Is this a country-specific or option set specific thing?

I'm in the US and am taking delivery of my car in about 3 weeks, with package 2, dsg, and nav. If there might be a bluetooth module that would be awesome. Does anyone know if you can add an aftermarket module that works with the stereo controls if they are built into it???

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
blackmagic said:
Does anyone know if all MkV's are prewired for a phone? Do they all have a phone button on the steering wheel?
Pre-wired as in, just needing activation? That I don't know but 2nd the question.

As for the button, it's there on my GTI. Anybody else to 2nd this? Or rather anybody without the button?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just purchased a new MKV and had them install the "Bluetooth" module.
My crep said they had just become available.
It's a VW product not aftermarket.
Kit is $400 and $295.00 for the install.

·
Registered
46 Posts
hey bizguy4u, tell me more about the bluetooth module. I was thinking on getting it installed in my car. The part I was actually looking at was an aftermarket part. If you dont mind me asking, have you tried using it yet? Give me some details..

TIA

#dp

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well I just bought the car & it's not delivered yet. I pick it up Wednesday.
They quoted based on 2-3 hours install & have been at it Friday & Monday. Fixed price quote & the first factory bluetooth module they have done.
Once I get the info & pics I'll post the details!

·
Registered
14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
when a call comes in does the stereo automatically pause/mute for the ring? If not, does the ring come through loud enough that you can hear it if you have the stereo on?

·
Registered
398 Posts
Not sure about the installed car units. But I'm very happy with my BT Earpiece unit. It goes with me everywhere I go and in the GTI I can mute the stereo from the steering wheel.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts