Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been told to get a diverter valve on my 09 gti mkv tsi engine instead of a BOV which way should i go? i want performance and LOUD...i want the bov noise but dont wanna hurt the performance of my car

·
Premium Member
3,622 Posts
You already have a diverter valve. Getting an intake will make it much louder. Do a little searching around, and you'll find the right way for you to go.

·
Registered
59 Posts
if you want loud, rip off the res :D the thing about dv is that, as cbursten said, the car already has it. upgraded dv will add some loud alongside aftermarket intake. to install bov it's just not as simple as the dv, for dv is direct swap. honestly, if you're looking for just loud exhaust will do the trick. if you're looking for engine loud, both bov and dv will create nice sound. different diverter valves will make different sounds, and same with the blow off valves (and with the cai's). maybe check a couple vids on youtube for sound, although it's not THAT accurate, but either way any sort of engine touchups will sound nice on the mkv :] i love my neuspeed cai

·
Premium Member
3,622 Posts
Get a Forge DV spacer. It doesn't hurt the car at all and gives you a VERY loud BOV sound.
The new Forge spacer is out for the revision 'D' (fits all revisions, actually). I picked one up just for lulz, and it is really stinking loud. Just thought you might want to know, DJ

·
Premium Member
1,243 Posts
I ran the regular spacer with my G revision DV (which may or may not be the one on his car). It was fun, very loud. It would definitely be better with a DV that was vacuum operated (i.e. the Forge DV) rather than the electronic stock one.

I switched to the Eurojet DV and love it. Not sure if they have it for the TSI or not.

An intake will definitely help with anything you want as far as noise goes, that should be your first purchase.

Here's my car with the Eurojet DV:

·
Registered
133 Posts
It's harder because the DSG holds the throttle body open while shifting, but it will still make it every time you lift off the gas.
Thats good to know, thanks. I do regret not getting fun ability that the manual tranny gives but, I am so impressed with the DSG - The thing is so amazing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i have an 09 tsi motor, i kinda regret putting it in, i love the sound, always been my dream to own a turbo and make that sound.

my car is not boosting the same and also i am having coolant problems not after the blow off adapter.

debating to take it off now

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Im going to be using the "D" revision DV on my TSI. The sound of a BOV or a spacer would be cool at first I think but not sure I can dig it in the long term.

·
Registered
59 Posts
so first thing i shoudl get is intake any good ones out there....or should i get a front mount
lol. you don't need a front mount intercooler that would do nothing to a stock car. get cold air intake(there are many good ones, i like neuspeed..carbonio looks cool it's carbon fiber idk it's performance though. google works beautifully) and i reccomend forge/apr diverter valve.

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
not sure what revision dv i got but i know its the latest one, because i bought the car just like 5 months ago :)
My car is an '09 TSI and it still has the older "G" revision DV.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.