Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a used '01 1.8T.

The only thing done to it is an intake.
Is it ok to throw on a B-O Valve w/o anything else done?

I love the sound... and can't wait to throw it on, but I know nothing about cars. :-\
Will it hurt my engine to add it now?
Should I get a new exhaust system or anything first?

*Also, when the intake was put on, it gave me a check engine light. When I checked it, there were 2 codes. P0411 "Incorrect Flow on Secondary Air Injection System" and P1128 "Bank 1 System Too Lean for Long Term Fuel Trim mult." Does anybody know anything about that? Is it ok? It seems to be running fine...

·
Registered
749 Posts
I once bought an el-cheap-o short ram intake for my old Toyota Solara. That's a mistake I'll never make again; I only buy trusted brands from trusted sources. Anyway, I got pretty much the same results-"Bank 1 Lean". The P0411 code sounds familiar too, but it was a different description. I tried everything I could to make the new intake work. I even moved the vacuum ports to match the OEM positions. My final prognosis was that the larger intake cross section needed to be accounted for in the AFM/MAF output. I never got around to figuring all that out since I traded it in for my GTI (woohoooo!).

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
i have the apr r-1 and ive never been happier. just go recuriculating not atmospherical. thats my opennion. n e thoughts
I had the Turbo XS race bypass valve that was recirculating... Killer

And BOV's don't have near the same effect as they do on the new 2.0T's. Our motors will tolerate them. Idle is a little bouncy but it's nothing too harmful.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.