My Fast GTi banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is it on the mkv? I almost smoked a cyclist today (his fault for coming at me on the wrong side of the road) But yea...comments?

·
Registered
346 Posts
The first thing I noticed was that the doors were long and unwieldy. The second thing I noticed is that there is a 20% chance that someone in my left-hand blind spot will die in my attempt to quickly commute.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
walkerwhippet said:
Totally agree. And it got a lot worse with my 5% tint. Be careful :-\
i feel like im looking outside of a box when i drive my car at night with its limo tint.i cant see anything out the windows haha. only straight forward

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GTfly said:
walkerwhippet said:
i feel like im looking outside of a box when i drive my car at night with its limo tint.i cant see anything out the windows haha. only straight forward
im assuming that you added this tint yourself? not stock?

·
Registered
321 Posts
GTfly said:
walkerwhippet said:
Now that's just not safe. You could run into major problems with that down the road. For example, if you are involved in an accident and the insurance company decides that your tint was a contributing factor they could deny your claim. This could be potentially disastrous since an accident involving a death or serious injury could easily cost millions.

I'm not against window tint, but I think there is a reasonable level that should not be exceeded. Personally, the darkest I will go is 20% on my front windows. I don't really care what goes on the back windows. What's important is that you can see what's going on around you. Just be really careful checking those blind spots when changing lanes and turning.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
He'll be alright. Florida's roads are made super easy to drive on, particularly for old people, so if some old granny, with macular degeneration, who can barely see over the steering wheel can maneuvre her Cadillac through the streets of Sarasota, no normal driver with tint will have any problems.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Speaking of FL, I was just down there on a little business trip. People there can't drive for shit. It's like the Long Island (NY) of the south. Just about every driver was either putting on makeup, talking on the phone, eating, sleeping, getting dressed (or undressed), or just not paying any attention to what is going on around them.

Oh well, I did see a lot of nice looking females while I was down there :p

·
Registered
197 Posts
Was in Florda a Few months ago for a paintball thing. only saw 1 good looking girl... and our condo was on the beach. only 1 for the entire week. ya, MicMoor77 kinda changed my mind about tint, still going to tint. but not as dark.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
yeah florida drivers suck. a lot of them are from jersey and new york so i guess that explains there quick changing lanes with no signals hah

·
Registered
197 Posts
talking about hitting a person in a motorcycle. one hit me, left a dent, and pushed out my front right panal. i was parked. and the bike is 1200cc 800 puonds hit the side of my car, im still mad. florida is pretty though

1 - 13 of 13 Posts