Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey there i am looking for a web site or a place that deals with giving out black vw symbols for the front grill... cause i took mine off and i want a black one not a silver one.

thanks for any help

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
Might Sound Like An Ez Answer But Have U Tried Ebay ?? If There Isnt Any There ... Theres A Thread On Here ABout How To Paint Ur Badges ..... I Dont Remember Which Thread It Is But Its On Here Just Search 4 It. Ill Try To Find It And When I Do Ill Repost It 4 Yah.
-Chr!s

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
Yo Man I Found It ...... Here It Is ... U Can Thank Bcruzin For The Info .....

http://myfastgti.com/volkswagen/showthread.php/grill-emblem-229.html
12-08-2006, 07:38 PM #3
bcruzin
GTI Master

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the event you guys want a cheap, yet classy mod, removal and painting of the front VW emblem is a snap.

1. Push in and turn counterclockwise on emblem.. (don't push in too far, but the counterclockwise turn may take some effort)
2. Rotate to stops, counterclockwise, emblem should now pop out, when you pull, use some finesse.
3. I sanded mine down with 200 til the chrome was gone, then switched to 400 grit til it was silky smooth.....clean it after!
4. Paint with Krylon or other exterior paint for plastics (many light coats!!) I used a FLAT black Camo-black by Krylon.. insane
5. Allow to dry.
6. Seal with a matte finish clear coat to protect it from innocent insects it may come in contact with, at high speeds.
7. Reinstall, inserting and then returning to original position by turning clockwise.
8. Admire.

Total Cost? 10.00
Total Time? 1 hour

-Bcruzin

Faster than ______.

-Chr!s

·
Premium Octane
1,289 Posts
PopUp:
Chris is on the right track, however, I've learned a lot since that post.. lol Go to Home Depot and buy a can of Plasti-Dip. You're going to need to remove the grill, easier than it sounds, and then remove the emblem. After that write up, I tried removing the emblem again, we'll call that the 'lazy way' and the emblem didn't do too well.. so remove the grill, then pop the emblem, then sand all chrome off with 400, followed by progressively higher grit count paper, until it's smooth.. wash, dry, paint. I did 2 heavy coats of the plasti-dip and it's ridiculously durable. Questions? PM me. For pics:

www.ivdub.com/bcruzin/gallery

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i read all that on the link that i went to but i want a aftermarket one that i can buy... i just need a web site or a shop in the area of where i live... i live in coquitlam british columbia

1 - 7 of 7 Posts