Might Sound Like An Ez Answer But Have U Tried Ebay ?? If There Isnt Any There ... Theres A Thread On Here ABout How To Paint Ur Badges ..... I Dont Remember Which Thread It Is But Its On Here Just Search 4 It. Ill Try To Find It And When I Do Ill Repost It 4 Yah.
In the event you guys want a cheap, yet classy mod, removal and painting of the front VW emblem is a snap.
1. Push in and turn counterclockwise on emblem.. (don't push in too far, but the counterclockwise turn may take some effort)
2. Rotate to stops, counterclockwise, emblem should now pop out, when you pull, use some finesse.
3. I sanded mine down with 200 til the chrome was gone, then switched to 400 grit til it was silky smooth.....clean it after!
4. Paint with Krylon or other exterior paint for plastics (many light coats!!) I used a FLAT black Camo-black by Krylon.. insane
5. Allow to dry.
6. Seal with a matte finish clear coat to protect it from innocent insects it may come in contact with, at high speeds.
7. Reinstall, inserting and then returning to original position by turning clockwise.
Chris is on the right track, however, I've learned a lot since that post.. lol Go to Home Depot and buy a can of Plasti-Dip. You're going to need to remove the grill, easier than it sounds, and then remove the emblem. After that write up, I tried removing the emblem again, we'll call that the 'lazy way' and the emblem didn't do too well.. so remove the grill, then pop the emblem, then sand all chrome off with 400, followed by progressively higher grit count paper, until it's smooth.. wash, dry, paint. I did 2 heavy coats of the plasti-dip and it's ridiculously durable. Questions? PM me. For pics: