Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, guys. I took the pics at Red Rocks Park in Morrison Colorado:

http://www.redrocksonline.com/index.asp

This is the venue where U2 filmed their famous concert, "Under a Blood Red Sky".

Any tips on removing the dealer decal?

Man, I wish I could for a drive today, but my lovely wife has other plans for me today. :(
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,311 Posts
psyclone said:
Thanks, guys. I took the pics at Red Rocks Park in Morrison Colorado:

http://www.redrocksonline.com/index.asp

This is the venue where U2 filmed their famous concert, "Under a Blood Red Sky".

Any tips on removing the dealer decal?

Man, I wish I could for a drive today, but my lovely wife has other plans for me today. :(
I was guessing with a friend whether it was CO or UT (Moab)...

To remove the dealer decal: Try a heat gun or a hair dryer- heat gradually, then gently peel off by hand.

Try using soap and warm water to remove any residual adhesive, followed by a coat of wax to seal it off when it's clean.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
277 Posts
Def sweet look'n man........great pics, and the first set where I didn't mind see'n the huff's in action 8)

I agree, get rid of the dealer badge........A hair dryer, some goo gone, and 5 mins and you'll be good to go......heat them up for about 3 minutes, and peel them off, and super clean razor helps to start to get the corner up...BUT TAKE YOUR TIME, and be super careful....then excess just rub off with a cloth and goo gone, and give her a lil wax/wash like dragon said.......

I slipped and took my GTI bage off too...... ;D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,311 Posts
scans007 said:
Def sweet look'n man........great pics, and the first set where I didn't mind see'n the huff's in action 8)

I agree, get rid of the dealer badge........A hair dryer, some goo gone, and 5 mins and you'll be good to go......heat them up for about 3 minutes, and peel them off, and super clean razor helps to start to get the corner up...BUT TAKE YOUR TIME, and be super careful....then excess just rub off with a cloth and goo gone, and give her a lil wax/wash like dragon said.......

I slipped and took my GTI bage off too...... ;D
DON'T use a razor... finger nails first- the paint will be really soft on a new car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
277 Posts
Dragon said:
scans007 said:
Def sweet look'n man........great pics, and the first set where I didn't mind see'n the huff's in action 8)

I agree, get rid of the dealer badge........A hair dryer, some goo gone, and 5 mins and you'll be good to go......heat them up for about 3 minutes, and peel them off, and super clean razor helps to start to get the corner up...BUT TAKE YOUR TIME, and be super careful....then excess just rub off with a cloth and goo gone, and give her a lil wax/wash like dragon said.......

I slipped and took my GTI bage off too...... ;D
DON'T use a razor... finger nails first- the paint will be really soft on a new car.
LOL, yeah it's just easy for me, I've removed so many badges/stickers and I don't have any nails that are good for pick'n, its just so easy once you get the hang of it - to lift the corner and peel....but you are right if you don't have a steady hand and they come off with ease, there is no need to take the risk ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
277 Posts
TOTALLYxLEGiT said:
i didnt know they made 4 door gti's :)
Yeah I wanted one, just for ease of everyday life...and lug'n around my hockey stuff just wanted a lil extra room.........dealer didn't have one and wanted to sell something to me with the regional VP in house, helped with my great deal ;D

I agree with the above, this is the only good look'n 4 door hatch around. Mazda 3 is next in line and is just "ok" IMHO
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
749 Posts
I thought I liked the style of the Mazda3 before I bought my GTI, but now whenever I see one I have trouble thinking why I ever even considered it. But I guess for a 4-door, hatchback, non-GTI, it's alright.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
137 Posts
the day after i got my GTI , the guy across the street gets an R32, and then guy next door gets a mazda3 the next day as if to "compete" with us ....lol mazda3 hahaha. he was washing it today; that tool
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top