My Fast GTi banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
i dont believe they look at monitor this site heavily but i would not be suprised if they look occasionally to see input from drivers and just to make sure the videos they let the site use and other material is not used negativly.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
uncle dude said:
Do you think VW monitors this site?
Well, I have to be honest, I'm a systems and safety engineer w/ VAG.
I know all of your VIN numbers, EXACTLY how fast you have gone, the mods you have listed
and we have it recorded in a database.

Any questions?

(I KEED! I KEED!!) ;D

Yeah- they may check out the site, but I'd think it would be more for market research and even problem research. There are quite a few other VW forums out on the intrawebs.

So why are you so paranoid? >:D

·
Registered
342 Posts
I know that this site was listed on the VW.com site for a while; that's how I found it when I first got my GTI.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Seawolfe said:
I know that this site was listed on the VW.com site for a while; that's how I found it when I first got my GTI.
You need any tinfoil, sir? ;)

I found this site on Google. I was afraid to join at first because of what looked like a bunch of smart alacks, but I figured- hey what 'ta hell! >:D

No, I don't work for VAG, but I have a buddy who could write some mean software to gather and parse information on VW related forums.

EDIT: Here is what VW hates; Walking into a dealership service center with a printout of ALL the owners who have had issues with a particular "mystery problem".

(Think of the volume/bass change issue- a friend has tried to fix it twice; I printed the thread related to it- she now has the 'ammo' to bring with her to change the head unit.)

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess I asked because around here, I have hardly seen any of the great VW commercials. This advertising campaign seems to be heavily web based (i.e. the Fast Documentaries). If I ran VW, I would have some keyboard jockey like Dragon monitoring all the blogs. Until, inevitably, he gets Imused. :eek:

Honestly though, if you were VW and saw a site with 2000 members, wouldn't you check it out - what a RIOT it would be. Listening to some poor bastard complain about his tire making noise - not to mention the gun thread.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
uncle dude said:
If I ran VW, I would have some keyboard jockey like Dragon monitoring all the blogs. Until, inevitably, he gets Imused. :eek:
Dear Sir,

I find that very offensive and resemble that remark. :p

IF VAG Marketing has an opening, $250K a year, unlimited trackdays and the first ScIROCco (I'd still drive a MkV) in the US and I'll change jobs.

Please PM for resume

;D

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
VW should monitor this site just for the gun thread.....It will give them a good read on just how dense most of us are!! They could totally re-target their advertising demographic for the kids that ride the shortbus to school and subscribe to soldier of fortune. They could make MILLIONS!!!

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
22350 said:
VW should monitor this site just for the gun thread.....It will give them a good read on just how dense most of us are!! They could totally re-target their advertising demographic for the kids that ride the shortbus to school and subscribe to soldier of fortune. They could make MILLIONS!!!

bwaaaaa :'(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts