Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all GTI owners,

I'm considering if i should get bi xenon lights?
It would be great if you guys could snap a shot on how the BI Xenon lights look like at night?
Is getting the Sat Nav a good investment as well?

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
I take it you're not in North America, where they're standard. I'm pretty much satisfied with them, they light up the road like it's day time, I mean my high beams in my old car weren't even as bright as xenon low beams. Really, the only difference between low and high beam is that low beam cuts the light in half, so you basically have a semicircle of light on the road. Yeah, they're awesome.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I agree I love them.

As for the sat navigation...I don't have it but I think for $1800 which is what they charge here in N.A. you can do better aftermarket. Plus you get hosed on trade in with the navigation. Dealers will only give you 30% of the initial price come trade in.

Good luck on purchasing your fast!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey guys,
thanks for the tips. If i'll get after market bi xenon lights, it will increase my insurance premium. So thats the problem i have. Trying to cut cost on my purchase of the GTI.
One thing, if i'll get the after market bi xenon, does it come with the Auto Leveler?
thanks

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
if getting brighter headlights makes yer insurance go up then maybe if noone uses any headlights at night insurance will go down... hahaha. insurance companies must be the stupidest people. brighter headlights=more money to insure??? come on now. thats flat out idiotic

·
Registered
38 Posts
My lights are stock and they have the leveler in them so i'm not sure what thats all about. The manual describes them as well. Anyway don't get the stock sat nav. For one it is a "DVD NAV" that means the nav disc is a DVD and that is the only DVD that it will play. Beyond that they put a 6 disc cd changer in the center console. Unfortunatly for some odd reason or another neither the In dash unit or the console unit will play mp3 cds. Its a pain in the ass and i wish i knew this before i put this option in.

·
Registered
38 Posts
GTI2007 said:
No, the Auto Leveler is only available with the OEM xenon lights.
Whoops i miss read this. Sorry :-X

·
Registered
8 Posts
gtixtc said:
Hello to all GTI owners,

I'm considering if i should get bi xenon lights?
It would be great if you guys could snap a shot on how the BI Xenon lights look like at night?
Is getting the Sat Nav a good investment as well?

Thank you.
Hey gtixtc, Get the stock Bi-xenon lights it makes the car look real mean at night when u zoom fast all those rice burners. The lights are brighter and that auto leveling is sic. If the lights raises your insurance it is due to the cost of replacing them, but if anything your talking about .5o cents a month increase. That aside, what insurance company do u have cause that is the most redic thing I've ever heard considering brighter vis = safer driving, but whatever.

As far as the in dash CD player Frontal 6disc is a very nice feature, forget the nav system. If your in a GTI you will not care if u get loss since that means you can drive it longer. ;)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Maybe i need to clarify. If you have an indash 6 cd changer you can play mp3 cds. If you have the one in your arm rest that comes with the dvd nav and you make an mp3 cd, the dvd head unit and the arm rest player will not play it. This is listed all over the place now, including vw's web site. At the time i bought mine it wasn't listed anywhere. To be an mp3 cd that means that it is still in mp3 format not made from an mp3. If you make an mp3 cd you can fit a couple hundred songs on one disc. Hopefully that makes more sense now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts