My Fast GTi banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the best mods everyone has gotten? software, body kits, etc.
i am looking for new things to do to my car, preferably ones i can talk my dad into ;D

·
Registered
143 Posts
There is no BEST mod....it's what you need.

If your dad bought you a car, or is assisting with your purchase, you can't void the warranty. this eliminates some major engine mods.

ask yourself: do you like the sound system? do I want a radar detector? how are my tires? tints?

My honest opinion: but a radar detector...it's the only mod that may actually help you save any significant amount of money

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was definitely thinking about a radar detector.
My first choice would be the Valentine V1.
my dad had a Valentine, but it was stolen at a truck stop.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
10bv01 said:
That makes me dizzy...

Click here to win the prize:

http://myfastgti.com/vwgti/index.php?action=search

First off:

It is your DAD'S car and he works for VW- ask him.

Second:

You said it's already chipped- and that is the best bang for a buck right there.

Wanna spend some money on you to make you a better driver? http://www.bondurant.com/

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We were going through all my options.
naturally, i wanted the Revo2 software.
but for a new driver that is stupidity, and as much fun as it would be, i recognize that this would be insane.

He said before we put anything to dramatic in my car, he wants to enroll me in a good perfromance driving school. I have learned alot just by driving with him, but im sure there is way more to learn. I will tell him about the Bondurant site you sent me!

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
TJN said:
We were going through all my options.
naturally, i wanted the Revo2 software.
but for a new driver that is stupidity, and as much fun as it would be, i recognize that this would be insane.

He said before we put anything to dramatic in my car, he wants to enroll me in a good perfromance driving school. I have learned alot just by driving with him, but im sure there is way more to learn. I will tell him about the Bondurant site you sent me!
Where do you live?

Here's the thing, and I hope that your Dad stresses this to you. What you learn on the track stays on the track and you only pull it out of your 'bag-o-tricks' in an emergency on the street. If you do enroll in a performance school... just focus on being smooth, not fast. If you are smooth, the speed comes along with it in due time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I live in Washington state...and yea, he says that the stuff I can learn on the track can save me in certain situations. I'm not looking to street race. He'd kill me! (although I know he did a lot of street racing on his bike when he was my age..my mom told me that..)

He wants me to get professional instruction so that I am a safer driver. I think it would be fun too.. I know my car has a lot of power. I don't want to get in trouble with it..

Thanks for all your advice!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Dragon said:
10bv01 said:
That makes me dizzy...

Click here to win the prize:

http://myfastgti.com/vwgti/index.php?action=search

First off:

It is your DAD'S car and he works for VW- ask him.

Second:

You said it's already chipped- and that is the best bang for a buck right there.

Wanna spend some money on you to make you a better driver? http://www.bondurant.com/
OK.....so how the hell do you do that scrolling thing?

Actually, don't tell me...I'll just use it and piss everybody off...

No...tell me

OK don't

changed my mind....I wanna know

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
TJN said:
I live in Washington state...and yea, he says that the stuff I can learn on the track can save me in certain situations. I'm not looking to street race. He'd kill me! (although I know he did a lot of street racing on his bike when he was my age..my mom told me that..)

He wants me to get professional instruction so that I am a safer driver. I think it would be fun too.. I know my car has a lot of power. I don't want to get in trouble with it..

Thanks for all your advice!
Yeah- you don't wanna meet any of those nice folks who work for WSP ;D

Your Dad sounds like he is pointing you in the right direction. You are one very lucky dude!

·
Mod!
3,420 Posts
I don't mean to sound sexist or anything, but I can't imagine a girl driving a fast. Haha... I think it's awesome, but I just can't imagine it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts