My Fast GTi banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I got my candy white gti bout a month ago got 4000k on it :) plannin on slowly upgradin it over next two years. Whats the best first thing to upgrade on it? I was thinkin turboback exhaust or intake? Chip is the best obviously with gains but heard that the more you put on before te chip upgrade the more u get out of it? so was thinknig of completing airflow ( intake and full exhaust) then finally chippin it would be best?? what u guys think? or can i chip it then do the airflow and get the same outputs and results? TY!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
mystik said:
Hey I got my candy white gti bout a month ago got 4000k on it :) plannin on slowly upgradin it over next two years. Whats the best first thing to upgrade on it? I was thinkin turboback exhaust or intake? Chip is the best obviously with gains but heard that the more you put on before te chip upgrade the more u get out of it? so was thinknig of completing airflow ( intake and full exhaust) then finally chippin it would be best?? what u guys think? or can i chip it then do the airflow and get the same outputs and results? TY!!!
True. APR acutally has a separate flash that helps you squeeze out an EXTRA 18-20 hp from chip+exhaust combo. From seeing the stock GTi exhaust tho which is 2.5" in case your wondering I think its fine performance wise unlike its predecessor the 1.8T which had a terrible exhaust and got huge gains from aftermarket exhaust. Intake and a chip will give you the extra power your looking for without spending 1000$ on replacing an already very good exhaust for a better one.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
This wed im picking up my Eurojet intercooler for $700 its brand new. After i save enough money ill get it installed with the apr 93 stage 1 chip

·
Registered
43 Posts
blackgti06 said:
i would say intake, tbe, intercooler, then chip
Yo black,

I'm not a gearhead, but should tbe be b4 intake (or the same time if someone wants to be technical)? Also, i don't think I want to mess around with chipping 'cause i want to keep my warranty. Do tbe, intake and intercooler void warranty?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
yes but it only voids if that aftermarket part causes the problem to your car.
Example if you put a intake on your car and the exhaust falls off then its still covered.

·
Registered
6 Posts
niko597 said:
blackgti06 said:
i would say intake, tbe, intercooler, then chip
Yo black,

I'm not a gearhead, but should tbe be b4 intake (or the same time if someone wants to be technical)? Also, i don't think I want to mess around with chipping 'cause i want to keep my warranty. Do tbe, intake and intercooler void warranty?
The chip upgrade from APR has a switching device by using the cruise control to switch back and forward from stock mode and chip mode. The best part is the dealer wont figure out if you chip it or not by switching back to stock mode when you need to go back to dealership for repairs.

·
Registered
43 Posts
blackgti06 said:
yes but it only voids if that aftermarket part causes the problem to your car.
Example if you put a intake on your car and the exhaust falls off then its still covered.
Here's one for the gray area: If I added a CAI and experienced some hesitation in acceleration - stealership would probably blame it on the CAI and refuse to diagnose to see if it was the injectors or some other faults ... That would pissed me off. I am very new to all this so I'll have to tread very lightly !!

I think I am beginning to get the idea that if I am going to mess with the car, i might as well be prepared to do some repair myself. If I'm not up to that, I'd better off stay with a stock car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts