Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i would like to change my silver rims, i have a black GTI
that's why the silver is not among the choices of the poll
before u choose, just try to imagine the color on a black gti, i am gonna paint the brake pad, and the red line on the front grille ,with the same color of the rim, and maybe with a nice painting on the body...
i feel gold will be awesome ,what do u think ???

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
PLEASE don't put gold on a GTI!!!

A Subaru fine, but a GTI? You are asking to be un-pimped!!

Go Black with a polished rim or anthracite. IMO

·
Registered
14 Posts
mhk24 I like the rims on your car and the painted hood but I don't like the blacked out VW on the front. It gets lost. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I agree it could be done differently, but the chrome wouldn't look right on that car. If you could get paint that would match the rims, that would rock.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
BlackGTI said:
mhk24 I like the rims on your car and the painted hood but I don't like the blacked out VW on the front. It gets lost. Just my opinion.
Youre not really paying attention are you?

·
Registered
842 Posts
BlackGTI said:
I really don't like the black VW emblem. Now this might be crazy, and I admit I don't modify my cars, but what about red rims. Would it be a whore-mobile or, just maybe, would it really look good..........

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
i was thinking of getting red rims as well. they would definitly have to be a BBS design though if you can get away with making them red haha. anything else would look pretty ricey

·
Registered
81 Posts
Bronze color or gold. I'm not quite sure what color it was but in was in those category. I saw the bronze/gold rims on a VW calendar on a GTI...looked sexy. I think it's the same color as the Subaru STI's. I'll take a a picture of the calendar and post it here. I like it, maybe you guys will too.

·
Registered
263 Posts
dude weve gone over this. no bronze, youre not driving a japanese car. get some gunmetal rims, like bbs rs-gt's

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yes, but no...I don't think gun metal will match my car since the it is white with black trims (i.e. grill)...everyone has their own opinions on what color rims they want on their cars...there is no close definition as making your car Japanese or German because of color...but if it was about brand...that will be a different story.

·
Registered
263 Posts
dude gold is on evos and stis

and ive seen tons of civics with gold rims

and i didnt say black rims, those are ricer too.

i like either gunmetal and just regular alloys

its all a matter of preference though, you should buy rims that you want and not care about what others think. its your money

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
...wow yer all crazy its a fucking color!!!! who really gives a shit. asians cant own all the wheel colors!!! PAINT THEM WHATEVER YOU WANT!!! personally the color does not matter to me its more about the style.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts