Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up all!?!?!?! i am lookin for the Bently manual for my MKV GTI. i have found the CD on ross-tech,(which is out of stock) but im lookin for the actual book. If anyone knows where that would be great.

Also i need some wiring diagrams for the ignition switch area. I am installing my TurboTimer this weekend and i need the wiring diagram so i know what wire to splice into.

Any help is always appretiated.!!

Thanks,
~Tony

·
Registered
321 Posts
From what I have read, you don't need a turbo timer with this car. Apparently the engineers at VW devised a way to cool the turbo automatically after you shut your engine off.

I'm not sure exactly how it works so I'm sure someone else will chime in and correct me or add more details.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive read that too. but call me stuburn if you'd like it just makes me feel better to have one. I can from the DSM (Diamond Star Motors) side of the world. and you really needed one. so ever since that, i just feel better runnin one.

like i said, im stuburn!! :p :p

~Tony

·
Registered
41 Posts
does anyone have an actual diy for a turbo timer on our new MKV's?... i've only found mkIV 's in here so far..... just need to know what ignition wire etc to tap into.... I purchased the Blitz Dual Turbo Timer DCIV with the built in boost gauge..... and it has a pretty rough japanese/english instruction sheet..... any help or direction to locate this info would be much appreciated.... Thanks, Dale!

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
does anyone have an actual diy for a turbo timer on our new MKV's?... i've only found mkIV 's in here so far..... just need to know what ignition wire etc to tap into.... I purchased the Blitz Dual Turbo Timer DCIV with the built in boost gauge..... and it has a pretty rough japanese/english instruction sheet..... any help or direction to locate this info would be much appreciated.... Thanks, Dale!
After reading into this, it turns out you can't fully install a turbo timer into the MKv's yet because of the immobilizer. You can't leave the engine running without the key in it for the new generation because no one has made a trick circuit to allow this to happen for the new cars. So unfortunately, you can't use a turbo timer until someone makes this circuit...

·
Registered
43 Posts
they are unnecessary.

the turbo is cooled by an auxiliary electric water pump. if the oil is excessively hot when the motor is shut down this pump runs coolant through the system -it runs in reverse of the normal direction so that it pulls coolant directly from the radiator and immediately hits the turbo bearing housing. if you listen carefully you can hear the wine of the pump running after a hot shutdown.

from the 2.0 TFSI design and function handbook:
"Cooling System
To prevent carbon build-up on the turbine
shaft in the turbocharger, an auxiliary
coolant pump provides additional coolant
circulation for a certain time after the
engine is shut off hot. The pump forces
the lower temperature coolant against the
normal direction of flow. The coolant flows
from the radiator through the turbocharger​
to the engine block and back to the cooler."

1 - 10 of 10 Posts