Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Octane
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright,
I'm a 24 year old college kid who is poor because all his money is going toward a certain car payment, corresponding insurance and premium gas.... >:D my MkV is stock stock stock and it keeps me awake at night. I would like to hear any pros or cons associated with being sponsored.. i looked into the websites when you Google "sponsor me".. but it seems like a scam online (90$ just to apply).. anyone have real experience, or better yet, anyone want to give me money to make my car the most slamming GTI of all time? Is it possible to just walk into a private shop and walk out sponsored? Help. Thank You

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
If you want to be sponsored you have to show that you are willing to do mods to your car. So buy some aftermarket parts and little by little and talk to a sponser about maybe one day actually be sponsored. But you can just have a car bone stock a sponsoer may want a specific item they want you to show off. Example logo's on your car. So thinkabout it. Check out my profile and look at the mods i'v done so far to help you get an idea on where to start.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I don't know much about that, but maybe if you had racing experience they might be more willing to help you out.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Isn't there some company that pays you to put big ads on the side of your car? Or they offer you free access to a new car with ads all over it as long as you drive it in high profile areas.

·
Premium Octane
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes Thalo,
But thats nothing like what I'm aiming for.. more like when Borla sponsors cars, O.Z. sponsors cars, Greddy sponsors cars, Brembo.. etc

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
I know, but I don't think everyone who wants sponsorship gets it from them. You probably have to be like Paul Walker or something.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts