My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a good performance shop for my GTI. Any one know about a place called GRIFFIN MOTORWERKE? Trying to get my GTI chipped.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
drkside said:
Looking for a good performance shop for my GTI. Any one know about a place called GRIFFIN MOTORWERKE? Trying to get my GTI chipped.
Two thumbs up for g-werke.com. You may want to call them first... there have been some issues with rev levels of the factory VW software not allowing the Revo upgrade- they have a work around. Call and ask for Sara or Kato.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help! Would you suggest going with the Revo? Sarah told me they also have OCT, Giac, or Neuspeed chips. She suggested the Revo based on a co-workers experience with his GTI. So many choices....

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
drkside said:
Thanks for the help! Would you suggest going with the Revo? Sarah told me they also have OCT, Giac, or Neuspeed chips. She suggested the Revo based on a co-workers experience with his GTI. So many choices....
I'm very happy with the REVO... (had the cat back exhaust and K&N done by them too.)

Try the 5hr demo if you have any doubts... what year is your car?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2007 with 500 miles on it. Picked it up at the end of last month and love it. Traded my Porsche Boxster in for it and like it a lot better than the Porsche.

I am thinking about adding Neuspeed intake to the car as well as the chip, as long as it does not void the warranty.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
drkside said:
2007 with 500 miles on it. Picked it up at the end of last month and love it. Traded my Porsche Boxster in for it and like it a lot better than the Porsche.

I am thinking about adding Neuspeed intake to the car as well as the chip, as long as it does not void the warranty.
According to some dealerships, looking at the car funny voids the warranty. There are a few dealerships that are "mod" friendly (Boardwalk in RWC and Sonnen in Marin- I've yet to deal with Dirito yet on a mod issue.)

If you are going to do the Revo and intake- you may want to consider upgrading the diverter valve. (It sounds like it will be the most likely component to fail when boost is increased.

I considered a Cayman before the GTI, but decided I didn't need that much attention- LOLz. My sis has a Boxster and I let her drive my GTI and she loved it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought mine at Boardwalk, so I guess I should be good to go. My salesman is roommates with one of the service guys are they are total gear heads.

What should I upgrade my diverter valve to?

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
drkside said:
I bought mine at Boardwalk, so I guess I should be good to go. My salesman is roommates with one of the service guys are they are total gear heads.

What should I upgrade my diverter valve to?
There is a long thread on that on here... I'm not even sure what I'm gonna do yet and trying to figure out if I should get it done the same time I do the intake.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I read the thread and now I am even more confused. Seems you make one mod and it snowballs into 3 or 4 more. I want to do the chip, but that thread makes it sound like everyone that does blows their stock DV.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
drkside said:
I read the thread and now I am even more confused. Seems you make one mod and it snowballs into 3 or 4 more. I want to do the chip, but that thread makes it sound like everyone that does blows their stock DV.
I agree on it being confusing (DV vs BlowOff), what I gained from the thread is that it is not a "if, but when" situation.

Of course it snowballs... it's the nature of the beast! If you did anything to your Boxster- it's almost just as bad- just more expensive ;D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was going to ask the experts at GRIFFIN MOTORWERKE to see what they have to say.

No mods to the Porsche, when I looked into it everything added up to be too expensive. And if anything ever goes wrong with a Porsche, you don't ever want to get that bill!

·
Registered
263 Posts
i havent checked griffin motorwerke

however theres a new shop in concord that opened up called Genesis engineering
theyre gonna rep eibach, neuspeed, stoptech, oettinger, giac, etc

theyre really great guys. if you go, ask for jeremy and say michael sent you

also consider streetwerke in palo alto
theyve got great stuff for vw's and are apr's official rep for the bay area

havent checked them out, but have heard great stuff and ive seen a few rides from there that look amazing

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
yee said:
i havent checked griffin motorwerke

however theres a new shop in concord that opened up called Genesis engineering
theyre gonna rep eibach, neuspeed, stoptech, oettinger, giac, etc

theyre really great guys. if you go, ask for jeremy and say michael sent you

also consider streetwerke in palo alto
theyve got great stuff for vw's and are apr's official rep for the bay area

havent checked them out, but have heard great stuff and ive seen a few rides from there that look amazing
Where in Concord?

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
So, I am considering having Stasis (up at Sears Pt./Infinion) do the suspension.

They seem to be the A3 experts... (they are also the bay area GIAC shop).

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
DiS oNe GuY said:
The Genesis Engineering shop should be near the BMW dealership since they're both on Market St.
I drive past there every morning- didn't see the place? Anyone know the address?

·
Registered
263 Posts
anyone hit up genesis and drop my name?

they said some dude named kenneth bought a neuspeed intake there

thanks for the name drop

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
yee said:
anyone hit up genesis and drop my name?

they said some dude named kenneth bought a neuspeed intake there

thanks for the name drop
That would be me... going in in the AM..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts