Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i purchased my 06 mkv about 4 months ago used with 15k miles on it.. and it came with these baller status 18' kmc rims with toyo tires.. i think they look "so so" but they are a real bitch to keep clean.. im debating if i should sell them because chrome isnt really my style... well check out the pics and all feedback is welcome!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I agree with you on not liking chrome. If you have the cash, try trading in for a brushed finish, or even dark rims (both look good on the Tornado Red, in my opinion.)

Looks like your windows are tinted, too.
Nice ride!

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Get them powder coated black O0 (chrome's not my thing, either.)

One thing to keep them clean is after you wash them thoroughly, spray a rag with endust and wipe... it will help keep the brake dust off a lil bit.

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Who would I go to powdercoat rims? And how much is it going to cost me (approx.)? I wanna powder coat my Huffs eventually to a dark gray.

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Cool. Thanks matt. I was kinda wondering what kind of person I'd go to locally. Would I go to a rim shop or a body shop or someone else entirely?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think a paint shop should be able to do it. Be aware though that they may ask you to put other wheels on your car so they can keep the rims for a couple days and so they can take the tires off and all that. At least thats how it was on my ol' MKIV. My idea is to take the stock 18's and powder coat them bronze. It came to me because I fell in love with some Bronze 18 inch Enkies because I am diggin the thought of Tornado red with Bronze rims. Real euro like without the flashy bling bling B.S. (which I think makes any car look sooooo stupid. Yes, even Cadillacs !!

·
Registered
747 Posts
yea I agree, on the MKV, I would go with either grey, bronze, or straight up black if you were to get the wheels powder coated...

I went to a local shop and got an estimate for the powder coating of my 18 inch hufs and they said $225 EACH!!! with a turn round time of 3 days

I told him that I found a couple places that would do them much cheaper but they said they wouldn't match the price :(

·
Registered
137 Posts
yeah he has 2. He bought the first one(garage) a few years back. Its a N/A 1993 manual. THe one in the pic is a 95 6-speed twin-turbo that now has a single 91mm on it and is pushing over 30psi! With a 76mm, he made [email protected] at 2000ft elevation in illinois.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts