Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at putting my GTI on bags. I'd like to hide all of the tanks and gizmos where my spare goes and then have my switches in the middle compartment or something.

Anyone on bags? Tips? Advice? Regret? Turtles?

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Bag drivers can't handle static...

·
I'm Watching You
15,550 Posts
I kept my spare, I just rather have it.

I drive long distances.

I would do digital, but that's just me

Too much wiring for non-digital set up

You will still need to build a floor for the hatch as the fatty 5 gallon tank is taller then the spare wheel well

Might want to look at running 2 smaller tanks if u don't want to build a floor

I'm not a wood worker and I was able to build a floor but its not the greatest.

Look at the vortex air suspension forum for install pictures, that's what I did to get idea on a floor design

Tapatalk This

·
Premium Member
3,622 Posts
Paddles suck, you're much better off spending the money on digital management. Ditch the spare, get a big tank, use big lines, and get good bags. If you don't have roadside assistance through your insurance, then get better insurance. Flat tires will be the least of your concern if you're daily driving a bagged car.

·
I'm Watching You
15,550 Posts
Paddles suck, you're much better off spending the money on digital management. Ditch the spare, get a big tank, use big lines, and get good bags. If you don't have roadside assistance through your insurance, then get better insurance. Flat tires will be the least of your concern if you're daily driving a bagged car.
Say no to big lines, no control over the amount of air that goes into the bags every time you press the button

I was on 1/2" lines and switched to 1/4" lines cause of this

I don't want a high school drop out to come change my tires and scratch my wheels

Or break one of my fog light like last time I needed a tow when I busted my oil pan

I just rather do it myself but to each their own.

I have been DD my car for a year now on bags with over 20k miles on them with no problem

Tapatalk This

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.