Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
The difference in mileage between my GTI and my old Jetta is hard enough on the pocketbook that I can do without the extra warranty-voiding 50-60hp.

·
Registered
346 Posts
GTI2007 said:
I have heard people talking they got 40 mpg on the highway after they chipped their GTI.
I have a hard enough time not using the horsepower i currently have. If i had an extra 40, there is no way, highway driving or otherwise, that i would be able to not drive it hard.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
I won't bother trying to convert L/100km to mpg (I've considered switching my MFD from metric just to see my mpg) but I usually get a little over 300 miles to the tank half city/half highway driving. Actually I just did do the math, it's about 23mpg, which isn't really that good if you ask me. Chipping it, with the way I drive, might make things worse.

·
Registered
20 Posts
This morning I was daydreaming about getting chip'd and it occurred to me that since REVO is not an actual chip but a program downloaded to your car's computer (as I understand it) then it may be no different than any other software in that pirated copies may be out there. Not that I support that kind of thing, but it's a weird thought. I imagine you have to have special equipment to install it.

·
Registered
398 Posts
MaoistBanker said:
This morning I was daydreaming about getting chip'd and it occurred to me that since REVO is not an actual chip but a program downloaded to your car's computer (as I understand it) then it may be no different than any other software in that pirated copies may be out there. Not that I support that kind of thing, but it's a weird thought. I imagine you have to have special equipment to install it.
I would imagine or you would be downloading the upgrade from "iFast" for $0.99
Now that is day dreaming!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Just ordered my Neuspeed intake today ;D. When it comes in, I am driving to the tuning shop and also getting the revo software installed. $499.99 for stage 1 sounded reasonable. The tech said i would get appox 55hp gain and 100ft\lbs of torque more. i cant get down to louisville fast enough, pun intended!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
if you want the most hp gain from the chip you should get a full exhaust system and a intake to achieve those numbers. Your prob get like a 25-30 hp gain that is what ive been seeing wiht people who just got the chip with an intake. Just letting you know.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Yea but the more hp you have before putting the chip on the more the chip will add. If you put a chip on a stock gti say you'll get 25hp gain but with an intake and full exhaust you'll get the 50hp gain.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Been away a bit! but its good to see the post has gotten alot of response.. first off.. i notice a thread thats locked about stage 2 revo. you cant just go and say "fword stage 1" give me the "stage 2" it doesn't work like that unfortunatly you get stage1 (no mods) ok i had an intake but that its self has not made much difference with the performance of the car tho i did see a throttle response difference before chippinoig + a lovely noise from the engine.

to get stage 2 you need stage 1, intake, turbo to cat down pipe and cat-back + back box (so a full exhaust kit) the gains from stage 2 revo according to the guys at mega4 where i had mine done and revo your looking at about 10-15 extra horses so (280BHP) and just much more torque (pushing 350-360) but how much is all that gonna cost? the stage 2 "upgrade" is free... if you had the stage 1.

the exhaust intake etc.. 800-900 ? ? so $1500-1600 ? thats alot of $ for a few extra horses and like the threads have said.. can u put all that power down on 2 wheels? no not really! i'm pretty pleased with stage 1 (just my tyres that dont like it)

fuel consumption this is trick you see.. i love the response how the car takes off and the noise from the standard waste gate i get now the boost is turned up... so i have not been driving as "normal" but now the novelty is wearing off a bit my MPG's i'm looking at long motor way drive in the 75-80 mark with the odd be of speeding .. 34-38MPG city driving 26-28MPG so not bad really .. combined my average is about 30 MPG which is about what i got when it was standard.

hope this was of some use to you chaps!

ps:

as i mentioned in another thread.. left a guy in Magic black R32 mk5 standing when he tried to do the whole "mines faster" pulling up next to me..... he looked very confused at the next set of traffic lights. :) (yes he was trying)

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.