Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone, so i am in the market for a car, and i was looking at the b5 s4 2.7T's, and wanted to know what you guys think of them... i herd theyre fast as hell, but may be really un reliable and im going to need a semi-reliable car for the next couple years. I dont plan on modding it out, becides maybe an exhaust and chip, so i was wondering if its going to just be a pain in my ass if i buy an s4 with like 100k miles, and should just stray away.... so leave your input.

·
Registered
117 Posts
My suggestion would be to spend a few more bucks and get a B6 S4. The 2.7T is sick and all....but a NA 4.2L V8 = winning. :) Also, impossible gas mileage, and ten quart oil changes. I guess that's a little less winnish.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hmm, I had an '05 1.8T and never had a moment's trouble with it. I guess it just kinda depends on how well the car was taken care of/driven before you got it. I think turbocharged cars in general are a little less reliable than naturally aspirated ones, though. There's less stuff that can go wrong with a NA setup. Audis are expensive to work on, so if it isn't reliable you're kinda up a creek.

·
Use Google Search!!!!
8,222 Posts

·
is Afraid of the Dyno
3,504 Posts
Anything mechanical or with moving bits that you push fresh, hot exhaust gases through to force induce new air into the engine is not reliable in the long run by any means..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.