Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

1st of all I just got my GTI last Friday and I love this car. There now that thats out of the way i have a question.

My Gti has the Ipod Adapter in the center console (I do not own an Ipod) it was the only red one they had at the moment with 4 doors, a sunroof, and DSG so I didnt really pay any mind because the cost wasnt that much more ($199). Plus I noticed on the sticker that the car comes with an Aux Input, perfect for my Creative Zen 40gb player.

Well my glove box has the light in it, not the Aux.

My question is this, because I have the Ipod adapter did they put the light in the glove box instead of the aux input? Maybe Ill just go buy an Ipod lol.

·
Registered
263 Posts
urs is an 07 right? i guess they didnt bother with aux input. either buy an ipod or go to the dealer demanding an aux input. id just toss my zen for an ipod tho, as the ipod is integrated into your system. aux is a pain in the ass when the ipods in ur glovebox and u want to change songs

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
yee said:
urs is an 07 right? i guess they didnt bother with aux input. either buy an ipod or go to the dealer demanding an aux input. id just toss my zen for an ipod tho, as the ipod is integrated into your system. aux is a pain in the ass when the ipods in ur glovebox and u want to change songs
Yeah it is. Get the iPod. Apple rocks.

·
Registered
857 Posts
kryptonkid07 said:
lmunz22 said:
kryptonkid07 said:
Yeah it is. Get the iPod. Apple rocks.
QFT
I'm not too abbreviation savvy. What is QFT?
From the wonderful world of wikipedia: "QFT", internet slang meaning "quoted for truth".

oh snap! (edit)

After actually going to wikipedia, and not just looking on google, I saw this: "QFT" is also thought to mean 'Quit Fucking Talking'

·
Registered
7 Posts
Back to the AUX input topic:
I got my '07 Fast with the iPOD adapter in the center console and it also had an AUX input.

Thank goodness because the iPOD adapter absolutely stinks!! For whatever reason [excitement about getting my Fast?] I thought the dash screen display for the iPOD [when attached] would be the same as the iPOD display. WRONG!!!! All it does is play your playlists [5 of them] and it doesn't even give title information on those! :mad:

I bought a 6 foot cable and I attach my iPOD to the AUX input. Yes, there's an unsightly cable coming out my glovebox but I'm going to thread it behind the glovebox and through to the mid dash area. Right now I let the iPOD rest in my drink holder until I'm ready to change tracks.

I wonder how much trouble it would be to have the iPOD adapter taken out of the center console and replace it with a CD changer?

·
Registered
83 Posts
A good cheap way to setup your ipod to your aux input is to go to best buy, and buy a 40 adapter/charger. Ill take a pic of mine once i get home but it works perfectly. It plugs straight into the outlet and another wire goes to the aux input. you can hardly see the wire going to the input

·
Registered
842 Posts
Maduga said:
here is the link for it
http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/tuneflex/
it works great

mine is a little bit different from that one, it doesnt have the cassette but instead just a aux wire, i suggest everyone to take a good look around bestbuy before you go and spend a few hundred on a simple wire
The only reason we got the adapter was so we can control the iPod through the stereo. I personally don't care if it shows the artist and image etc. that the iPod does. I just want to be able to switch tracks without looking for the iPod.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Maduga said:
A good cheap way to setup your ipod to your aux input is to go to best buy, and buy a 40 adapter/charger. Ill take a pic of mine once i get home but it works perfectly. It plugs straight into the outlet and another wire goes to the aux input. you can hardly see the wire going to the input
I just routed a wire from my AUX input in my glove box to the "ash tray" storage compartment up front. It only took a 5' cable (with jacks on both ends), a thin flat screw driver, a drill, and about 25 minutes time. I don't know if anyone's taken their fuse box cover off, but if you look on the passenger's side of the car, there is another panel just like it, but it lets you have access to the wiring for the AUX input. Very easy, I can post a short DIY later if anyone's interested. It sure is nice to drive without the glove box open.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Ecoterragaia said:
Maduga said:
I just routed a wire from my AUX input in my glove box to the "ash tray" storage compartment up front. It only took a 5' cable (with jacks on both ends), a thin flat screw driver, a drill, and about 25 minutes time. I don't know if anyone's taken their fuse box cover off, but if you look on the passenger's side of the car, there is another panel just like it, but it lets you have access to the wiring for the AUX input. Very easy, I can post a short DIY later if anyone's interested. It sure is nice to drive without the glove box open.
im interested too. any chance of getting this one up soon?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yeah, but kinda busy right now, will try in a day or two. I only have access to the internet at work (in the process of moving), and they don't like you to spend a whole lot of time on the internet.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.