Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have decided I am going to install a tablet into the dash... essentially replacing the stock HU (not the Nav). I am decently happy with the stock speakers so I'm not replacing them, just the HU. I've read that we come stock with an amp, but I'm not sure if that post I read was referring to an amp built in to the HU or he was talking about one separate from the HU.

My question is... what kind of amp do i need (if above mentioned is built in to the HU)... like how many channels? I have basic knowledge the wiring and what I'm getting into... I just don't know much about audio and amps.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But I won't be using a headunit.

The idea is to replace it with a tablet. But obviously the tablet cannot power the speakers... so an amp will be needed.

·
Use Google Search!!!!
8,222 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
I saw this a lot on the Fiesta and Focus forums, yes I will admit a GTI was not my first choice when I was car shopping. But this is a good video on how to do it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When I do it I'll post a write up. It'll be a little while because I'm a broke college student, and I need to do some maintenance first before adding the cool stuff (tires, cam follower, etc.).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts