Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have leased a 2003 trailblazer LTZ fully loaded piece of junk and I got sick of that maybe a year after. I couldn't stand the thing and I still had 2 years left on my lease. I now drive a dodge ram 1500 fully loaded quad cab and I was probably sick of that six months after i got it. (They are both really nice cars and honestly i am thankful to be able to drive them but maybe because they are trucks or w/e they just didnt do it for me after a while)

I hate driving my dodge ram and cant wait till the lease is up to get my GTI. It feels like more of a job than a driving experience.

The trailblazer wasnt that bad it just got boring after a while.


MY QUESTION IS:

Is anyone getting a little sick of their GTI yet? How long have you owned it? How would you compare your feelings for it from the first few months of ownership to now? What did you go from driving before your GTI?

Be honest - if you have gotten a little bored or tired of the car.. its normal!! (at least for me in my situation) Let us know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
857 Posts
Not sick of it at all. I've had it since December, I had a 2001 Passat Wagon before it. However, I might trade it for a Ferrari when I win the lottery tonight.

I love it just as much as the day I first got it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Not even a little. I've had my car for about seven months and I still love driving it. I do, however still commute in my old civic, since it gets better milage. When the weekend comes I can't wait to put some milage on my GTI.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,420 Posts
Not at all!! I've had it for almost 5 months now and if anything I love it MORE. I used to have a 2003 Mitsu OZ Rally Lancer. I used to like it, but after 3 years... I still liked it... but it's nowhere close to the feelings I have for this car. I think I might need to get checked out, I'm might be mentally sick...hahaBWAHAHAHA!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,064 Posts
I was a little offended at the first read of the question...no seriously, I was!!

If that isn't a good description of how much I love the carr I don't know what is.

I actually love it more than the day I got it, I enjoy making it mine.

BTW, I'm OK now....actually a good question.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
22350 said:
I was a little offended at the first read of the question...no seriously, I was!!

If that isn't a good description of how much I love the carr I don't know what is.

I actually love it more than the day I got it, I enjoy making it mine.

BTW, I'm OK now....actually a good question.
lol i never 'preview' my posts before posting and after i read it i knew someone was gonna get offended if not everyone.. untill AFTER they read the whole question haha but ya i think its a good question too because with cars like the ones ive driven it is easy to get sick of them. i just want to know if the same holds true for the GTI.. not surprised at the answers so far! haha
 

·
Premium Octane
Joined
·
1,289 Posts
I was actually planning on jumpin on the forum and ranting about how much I still get a rush from this car, how fitting to find this post!
Took mine out for a late nite spin just a minute ago, turned off the ESP, kinda got on it... Managed to get a bunch of green lights, had front row seats at some red lights...redlined redlined redlined... Chirping 2nd gear (stock!) in a car that you've had for 15 months, for me that never gets old.


I wrote this as a tribute, a few weeks ago for a creative writing class:

HardDrive

Stress as the day proceeds slow, slow
Like a School Zone
Flashing computer screens

You peel out of the office at 5:00pm
With twin smoking rubber streaks, you clock out.
Windows down, you find a station, crank it.

Gears quickly melt away memories of a day spent
In office traffic.
1 through 3, jumping to the redline
Wind in your hair. Breathing
Fast; left lane faster.

No destination, all you know is where you donÂ’t want to be.
Your world has morphed; not the cubicle,
a cockpit. Cruising, a full tank of gas.

Magic hour as night falls, all green lights ahead.
The sun sets behind you reds and oranges
As Mother Nature hits her brake lights.....




Thats about as figurative as I get.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,311 Posts
Bcruzin said:
I was actually planning on jumpin on the forum and ranting about how much I still get a rush from this car, how fitting to find this post!
Took mine out for a late nite spin just a minute ago, turned off the ESP, kinda got on it... Managed to get a bunch of green lights, had front row seats at some red lights...redlined redlined redlined... Chirping 2nd gear (stock!) in a car that you've had for 15 months, for me that never gets old.

I wrote this as a tribute, a few weeks ago for a creative writing class:

HardDrive

Stress as the day proceeds slow, slow
Like a School Zone
Flashing computer screens

You peel out of the office at 5:00pm
With twin smoking rubber streaks, you clock out.
Windows down, you find a station, crank it.

Gears quickly melt away memories of a day spent
In office traffic.
1 through 3, jumping to the redline
Wind in your hair. Breathing
Fast; left lane faster.

No destination, all you know is where you donÂ't want to be.
Your world has morphed; not the cubicle,
a cockpit. Cruising, a full tank of gas.

Magic hour as night falls, all green lights ahead.
The sun sets behind you reds and oranges
As Mother Nature hits her brake lights.....

Thats about as figurative as I get.


My motorcycle is mad at me... I end up playing with the GTI on the weekends now...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
Up until this past weekend I was commuting a total of 140 miles a day (all highway). Now I only have a total 30 mile commute. During that time I didn't get sick of my car . . . I was more angry about having to beat it on the crappy highways around here. So I had a lot of negativeness toward driving every day. At least once a week something big like a piece of tire or wood came up and hit the front end, kicked up by some idiot who didn't give a damn about his/her own vehicle. Plus the potholes were unbelievable, and you couldn't avoid them because people were always around you. I have had the GTI for 6 months and 21,000 miles and, I hope this doesn't sound weird, I almost feel a gratitude towards it. It's never let me down. It got me on the highways with ease, and I could easily keep up with traffic. At my new house, I have a 10 mile stretch of back road that winds and is smooth. I have found a completely new love for my GTI when I take those bends in the road just a bit faster than everyone else, then come out of the bend like a bear. It makes the drive to work so much fun. Plus my car actually stays clean for more than a day when i wash it :)
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
5,926 Posts
i still love it a lot, when i go to pass a vheicle and i push it i still get that felling in my back and legs saying oooo Shyt here we go WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. when i had to take it in last weekend to get a broken part fixed, i got sad :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( cause i wanted to take the car to munchen germany and i could not so my wife ended up driving her citron C2. borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring i think top speed for that is like 160 KPH ??? :( :( :( :( :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lol some of these posts are honestly giving me goosebumps- btw nice job Bcruzin im sure u got an A on that one... O0

top of the chain gti said:
i still love it a lot, when i go to pass a vheicle and i push it i still get that felling in my back and legs saying oooo Shyt here we go WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
LMAOO thats too funny
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
I love the GTI, but not as much since I know that it is only mine for 3 years (leased). I guess when you lease a car, you just can't wait to see what new car you are going to get in 3 years. That, and worrying about mileage kind of spoils the experience. In any case, I love driving it, it picks up speed rather quickly. It sounds fantastic, and well what can I say. It is hard to get bored, and when you find yourself getting a little bored, take it for a nice drive on an empty road and STEP on it. LOL.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,311 Posts
astormal said:
.... when you find yourself getting a little bored, take it for a nice drive on an empty road and STEP on it. LOL.
That's called letting your Fast off it's leash! O0 >:D ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
253 Posts
notzen said:
Not even a little. I've had my car for about seven months and I still love driving it. I do, however still commute in my old civic, since it gets better milage. When the weekend comes I can't wait to put some milage on my GTI.
are you serious? the civic is like a piece of crap... look at the interior of that thing :-X or the wheel :eek:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,420 Posts
B13 said:
notzen said:
Not even a little. I've had my car for about seven months and I still love driving it. I do, however still commute in my old civic, since it gets better milage. When the weekend comes I can't wait to put some milage on my GTI.
are you serious? the civic is like a piece of crap... look at the interior of that thing :-X or the wheel :eek:
Whoa... man. Calm down. He uses it to commute for gas mileage. I'm sure he's paying enough for the car and insurance to not want to worry about gas prices. (although they are coming down in my town... $2.70 for 93 octane)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,311 Posts
B13 said:
notzen said:
Not even a little. I've had my car for about seven months and I still love driving it. I do, however still commute in my old civic, since it gets better milage. When the weekend comes I can't wait to put some milage on my GTI.
are you serious? the civic is like a piece of crap... look at the interior of that thing :-X or the wheel :eek:
That's exactly why I think he uses the civic to commute with ;D. Why put miles on your GTI when you can put 'em on another car?

I don't know where you live B13, but we have some crappy freeways here in Northern California [suicide] due to construction debris. Thx CalTrans ::) The clear bra has saved me so far...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
Okay so i saw this post and was like now way a gti owner would be able to ask other GTI owners if they are sick of their cars yet, glad to see the whole post. As for me I love my GTI as much or more than i did the day i bought it i just wish i wouldn't have wasted a month and a half with it in the shop when i got in an accident or missed the countless numbers of days that it has been in the shop because the technichians at my dealers around me are complete morons. Seriously does the same code reading three times in a month not make you want to change the part or what. It took me going to three different dealers for service to finally get someone to actually change the part when the check engine light came on again. I got the car back today and i'm hoping that it doesn't have to go in for service again until the next oil change. I have had my car 10 months and it has 12000 miles on it and i can't wait to put the next 12000 on it. I use to worry about putting miles on it but now i realize i want this car until it dies ( heaven forbid that day ever comes). Sorry everyone for the little tirade about the service issue if you don't already own a gti don't let me discurage you from buying one they are wonderful cars and i have never regretted buying mine. If you live in Northern Illinois know that the technichians may be idiots when it comes to having minor issues.
 
1 - 20 of 67 Posts
Top