Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else think there MKV made it out of the VW factory with a bit more power and torque than the specs show? I ask because I've resently beat a few cars that I should not have. A G35, a Charger R/T and a Honda 2000. Keep in mind that I'm totally stock. ???

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
quick07 said:
Does anyone else think there MKV made it out of the VW factory with a bit more power and torque than the specs show? I ask because I've resently beat a few cars that I should not have. A G35, a Charger R/T and a Honda 2000. Keep in mind that I'm totally stock. ???
There is some variance in specs and it is possible you have an engine with a lil more ooomph, but usually not enough to stomp everyone.

Find another stock GTI and find an open drag night at a track near you.

A lot of it, comes down to the driver.

·
Registered
220 Posts
quick07, you did not beat a stock g35 charger or s200 if they were racing you. even if you had a little more umph (you dont) you still wouldnt beat them

·
Registered
857 Posts
I'm gonna have to agree with mygreyfast88. I've really raced a G35, and I can tell you that there is no way a bone stock GTI would beat the G35. Chances are, the G35 wasn't really racing you. Charger R/T has 340 HP, 390 lb ft of torque, he definitely wasn't racing you either. Now, the S2000, only 237 HP and only 162 lb ft of torque, I can see a GTI beating that pretty easily, especially if the Honda driver isn't very good at shifting.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Car & Driver list the Charger R/T at 5.6 sec from 0-60 and that's only a few 10th of a second off a stock DSG . So if anyone of our cars came off the assembly line with a bit more power you could possibly shave a 10th or 2 off the time. That, along with the other driver not being to good with the stick could equal a favorable outcome 0-60 of which I've had the pleasure.
I guess with all that being said I think I ended up with a car that is quicker than the 3 I drove before this.

By the way none were from a dead stop. 2 were a race to the driveing lanes from the toll booths, and the 2000 was on a straight section of the thruway at about 6 in the moring.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I dont think all MKV's are equal... I have the the fastest MKV ever and it is stock. I can't be beat by any car ever. It is just so fast there is nothing anyone can do to beat me. I dont know how to explain it. It is just magiclally the fastest car ever right from the factory. here is a list of the vehicles i have taking out. and yea they were racing at full throttle I asked em.
fully moded R32, Corvette, Viper, Susuki GSXR 1000, Mustang Cobra, and that rocket that set the highest land speed record in a dry lake. hope this helps.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Oh, you MUST have the 600 hp Nissan engine by mistake, show us the dyno sheet with Thalo's permission!

·
Registered
137 Posts
NVGTI said:
Oh, you MUST have the 600 hp Nissan engine by mistake, show us the dyno sheet with Thalo's permission!
i liked ur old signature better about wine in one hand and choclate in the other.... yea im sure it dynos normal its just fast.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
kylmos said:
5.6 compared to 7.1 seconds? thats not just tenths of a second do the math....
where are you getting you're numbers? Car & Driver and Motor Trend are both 6.1 for the manual and the DSG is 2-3 10th quicker

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
quick07 said:
http://www.caranddriver.com/features/12398/2007-volkswagen-gti.html

here you go, since some of you think I'm making this up(kylmos).and NVGTI with your wise cracks.
I don't think you are making anything up- but I could take a guess that the publications/media cars are gone over with a fine tooth comb and may be the "pick of the litter" so to speak, with what rolls off the assembly line.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the G35 was a 2004 sedan. 6.5 sec
the guy works at the building next door to were I work.
thank you for the support Dragon. I think the rest of you guys should do a little research before opening the pie hole.
I have been beat by a Maxima(2007),a 328 Beamer and a tricked out Cobalt. the Cobalt smoked me pretty good, which is all the more reason to at least chip.

·
Registered
530 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
i gta agree... i also beat a g35 sedan.. the all wheel drive one on the highway.. was awsome.. i think that i also got a kinda better one stock lol.. topped it out a lil over 240 km which normally i should be toppin out around 230 haha
corvette and modded r32 eh... tough time believin that

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
quick07 said:
the G35 was a 2004 sedan. 6.5 sec
the guy works at the building next door to were I work.
thank you for the support Dragon. I think the rest of you guys should do a little research before opening the pie hole.
I have been beat by a Maxima(2007),a 328 Beamer and a tricked out Cobalt. the Cobalt smoked me pretty good, which is all the more reason to at least chip.
So back to GTI's being equal... my brother has the 06 and I let him drive mine today. He's gping to get a chip now >:D... He also commented on how much better the Dunlops are Vs. the Conti's.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
not gonna be racing any vettes or R32's. well, maybe an older vette(89-90ish).
again Dragon,thanks. I don't want to be the guy on myfastgti how thinks his car can beat everything.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
quick07 said:
not gonna be racing any vettes or R32's. well, maybe an older vette(89-90ish).
again Dragon,thanks. I don't want to be the guy on myfastgti how thinks his car can beat everything.
No prob---- but like I said, a lot comes down to the driver and their skill levels. Now, I'm not the fastest guy on the track- but I focus on being smooth... with smoothnes comes speed.

·
Registered
137 Posts
GTI guy said:
I dont think all MKV's are equal... I have the the fastest MKV ever and it is stock. I can't be beat by any car ever. It is just so fast there is nothing anyone can do to beat me. I dont know how to explain it. It is just magiclally the fastest car ever right from the factory. here is a list of the vehicles i have taking out. and yea they were racing at full throttle I asked em.
fully moded R32, Corvette, Viper, Susuki GSXR 1000, Mustang Cobra, and that rocket that set the highest land speed record in a dry lake. hope this helps.
hey every one i was being sarcastic when i posted that , im not usally sarcastic so maybe some ppl took me serious. I just had to do it lol.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts