My Fast GTi banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking on APR's website, does anyone have their turbo upgrade? Just curious what the cost would be installed. I'm assuming you need the ecu remap, turbo back exhaust with it and some sort of upgraded fuel pump and possibly intercooler... with all that being done, what kind of HP will the GTI run on 91 octane do you think? I was guessing it should do about 300 to the wheels with all of that, but i'm really not too sure. I'm also curious if a car with that type of setup can be a daily driver.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I think its been said that 300WHP is the max for a DSG ... anymore than that the computer retards the power to the tranny as a failsafe to the DSG, or something to that effect.

I would be happy to have 260-270 WHP and i think you can get that with a stage 1 chip..TBE...and all the intake mods to both side of the turbp, plus maybe a pully kit and some other mods which would still be cheaper and probably more reliable than the turbo upgrade. leaving you money for suspension mods.

but im guessing, based on what i have read here in other posts, thats how i would mod my car. instead of a turbo +

1 - 3 of 3 Posts