Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that are running apr s2 does it feel like you have no power above 4500rpms.......i......... or did i break something

The reason i ask is I raced a few dif cars and i dominate all the way up untill i hit the high rpms.....boost leak? how much boost are u guys running in 4th gear at 60mph when you punch it..... or what psi are you spiking and at and what are u dropping to

im apr stg2 +
evoms intake
3' dp no cats

·
Registered
857 Posts
Have you upgraded your diverter valve? It's very possible that it is torn, and that you are losing boost. My DV tore with simply the APR trial software, so it's highly likely that your DV is causing this problem.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I hope this isn't a regular thing with the APR tune...

I just got mine a week ago and I was hoping to spend my money on a down pipe at waterfest rather than a new DV... Hmm... ???

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I would loooove to upgrade my DV.....TOO BAD IT'S ON BACKORDER!!!!!

By the way....GIAC, no stages, just an adaptable, learning program. (Sold me!)

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Dragon said:
22350 said:
You snooze- you loose ;D
Show me the date and time of your credit card post and I'll show you mine!!

I ordered it the minute I got the e-mail from Forge. I think they just hate So. Cal. I don't know anyone down here who got one.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i have the forge kit sitting on my floor......... not sure if it is the damaged dv valve as my powerband seems fine untill the high rpms........or could it be that the boost pressure is higer at higher rpms and is causing the leak..... bad spring in the dv valve?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
22350 said:
Dragon said:
22350 said:
You snooze- you loose ;D

I ordered it the minute I got the e-mail from Forge. I think they just hate So. Cal. I don't know anyone down here who got one.
i got mine last week..... and im in socal :p

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
22350 said:
Dragon said:
22350 said:
You snooze- you loose ;D

I called Forge- they said that if you had purchased an HKS product in the last 24 months, that you were moved down on the mailing list :p

I ordered mine within 2hrs of getting the e-mail from Mike @ Forge ;D. Mine goes on this Friday- I'll take pics for ya. ;)

·
Registered
285 Posts
xxxfast said:
For those of you that are running apr s2 does it feel like you have no power above 4500rpms.......i......... or did i break something

The reason i ask is I raced a few dif cars and i dominate all the way up untill i hit the high rpms.....boost leak? how much boost are u guys running in 4th gear at 60mph when you punch it..... or what psi are you spiking and at and what are u dropping to

im apr stg2 +
evoms intake
3' dp no cats
first you need to fix the pcv issue and make sure your not loosing boost. after third gear our cars kind of die out after 4500-5,300 rpm's. so possibly thats what your feeling.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Great....everybody has it but me and I'll bet I'm the only one rolling around with a CEL because of his BOV.

THE INJUSTICE OF IT ALL!!

I'll just go eat some worms :'(

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
22350 said:
Great....everybody has it but me and I'll bet I'm the only one rolling around with a CEL because of his BOV.

THE INJUSTICE OF IT ALL!!

I'll just go eat some worms :'(
I'll sell you a slightly used OEM C version ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts