Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey every one. i just got the apr stage 2 reflash with all the goodies , testpipe, security, the works. but i seem to have lost power. now ive been in contact with the dealer i got it from and they said that i should leave it in 93 octain setting and the chip will learn and progressively get stronger with more horsepower and torque. am i being fed full of crap or is this true give me some responses with problems or success you have had. and i have looked for an hour today on this topic and haven't found one. ( and dragon im sure ull find the one i can't) just to put that out there he's a surffing geru

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: chip problems there are no other threads of this topic

noo it can't be because i just baught a apr r1 because their badd ass and i think that i may have fixed the problem by letting the program sit for a couple of hours

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts

Any check engine lights?

The loss of power: Is it a 'severe' loss of power? This would indicate you are in limp mode.

If it's a loss of power at speed/ WOT- sometimes it's just a matter of tweaking a few setting (A/FMix/Timing&Boost).

Did the APR fuel pump come w/ the list of goodies?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

no fuel pump ... do i need to change it. it was severe. and i was only stable at 10 psi on my guage wich is off. but stock on the guage it showed spikes at 19 stable at 14-16 like i said in the e-mail it got better and now im spiking at 22 stable at 16-18

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.