Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks - first post here so bear with me.

I am looking at upgrading my ECU to the 93 Octane program from APR. I'm new to the world of turbocharging, and since my car is leased, would like to know if I NEED to upgrade any other parts to get the performance figures that APR quotes. Any insight that any of you have is appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
473 Posts
ITGcixelsyD said:
Hi folks - first post here so bear with me.

I am looking at upgrading my ECU to the 93 Octane program from APR. I'm new to the world of turbocharging, and since my car is leased, would like to know if I NEED to upgrade any other parts to get the performance figures that APR quotes. Any insight that any of you have is appreciated. Thanks!
Welcome to MFG. I have the above mentioned flash. I currently only have a K&N filter replacement for OEM. I havent dyno'd yet but I will upgrade the intake to full CAI and see what it does. Not sure if you need to do much to the exhaust side. Maybe someone else can speak to that but I notice a difference in the mid-range power but plan to see the numbers jump in stages. Keep in touch and I'll let ya know.

·
Registered
6 Posts
All you need to do is get the 93 octane programming done. It makes a huge difference. You don't need to upgrade other parts to have lot's of fun. The torque will slam you back in the seat starting at about 2800 RPM's. By the time you read this, I think you will already have done the mod and know what I mean.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
will the stock dv hold up to an apr stage i chipping?

·
Registered
181 Posts
what would there b to dislike?
i disliked my apr stage 2 upgrade, when i first got it, because the program is a learning one it "upgrades it self" if that makes since. i was slower when i first got mine done 5 days later to day my car is truly fast. but when i first got the upgrade i was stable at like 10 psi now im stable at 17 and spikeing at 22 so im really pleased and i use the 93 program even though i run 91 octain the computer in ur car is so smart it won't let it knock. gotta love german engineneering.
love my vw

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
hey i went with the apr r1 dv and its f***ing awesome. and its lifetime warrenty and matience free so u can't go wrong
APR's R1 DV fits the MKV? I asked one of the reps at APR nd they said that it doesn't fit the FSI engine.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
dang....i got excited for a sec there about a solution to the DV issue.

·
Registered
181 Posts
i paid 145 for the dv got it on sale in kansas city. my apr stuff was a deal 2 it was buy 2 prgrams get the rest free. so i paid 650 and got every program possible. ended up at 840 on the day i think.? some one take a pic of where ur dv goes on the mk5 and i can see if it would fit. i have know idea how its set up though... does the forge 007 fit on the mk5

·
Premium Member
3,266 Posts
you wasted money on the other programs..but good luck and have fun with it.

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Depends what you consider a wast. Maybe he wanted the 100 octane rating.... or the security system.. or whatever comes with it.

·
Registered
181 Posts
i only paid for 2 programs and i got the security for free the hundred for free and the test pipe app for free and i wanted 2 programs as it was so i have now the stock-free 91-paid for 93 paid for and the 100-free security-free test pipe app-free cai app-free so i didn't waist any money and i will enjoy it and have fun with it. and please don't come at me like that saying i wasted my money thats not cool man. no hard feelings but thats not right

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Hey, it's all there for you ticketmagnet. If ever you decide to throw in some race gas at the local strip or autox track, you're good to go!!! You can never have too much, so TwinTurboBoost, I say you're wrong. Plus, that's a great deal that Ticketmagnet got. Also nice that you have a test pipe program, so you won't throw any emission related fault codes....good going buddy.

·
Registered
181 Posts
i may do a track day at heartland park seeings how i work there but im kinda scared that my turbo will over heat due to no fmic???? does the chip upgrade add boost

1 - 20 of 48 Posts