Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the ECU reprogrammed with the APR s/w. They had a sale on and I got 91, 93, 100, and stock maps as well as the lockout, throttlebody alignment, and trouble code clear features for just over $800 installed. My car is bone stock and on the 91 map, HOLY $%^& what a difference. It takes about 100 miles of driving to tune itself but one it does, can you ever feel the power boost. Turbo lag is a little more noticeable as is the difference in performance when in hot versus cool weather but thats to be expecteded. I can only dream of what ti would be like with the cold air intake and turbo back exhaust.

I highly recommend this for the $

Shawn

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
APR (www.goapr.com) makes software that reprograms your computer to increase the HP and Torgue of the engine based on the fuel you are running. If you are running standard pump gas, you would use the 91 octane map. This gives 248hp and 282 ftlbs of torqque with an exhaust and cold air intake. On stock exhasut and intake it would be a little less.

THe stock program and lockout lets you change back to the stock program and lock the system so the dealer doesn know. Very cool and great boost for the buck

Shawn

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
for full porformance you should get intake first then turbo back exhaust then chip to reach max performance. With these mods you should have around 300hp and 350 pounds of tq

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.