Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want a chip but I don't like all of the downsides to doing it (always having to run 91+ octane, shorter engine life, etc.) which is why I was thinking of getting an API chip so I could switch between stock and performance when I wanted to. But knowing this, I would just keep it in stock mode most of the time so is it really worth it to get a chip? I mean I do like the option of having 250hp when I want, but the fuel thing is what bothers me the most. In stock I usually run 89 in my fast because it is 6cents more than regular and 20cents less than 91.

So is it really worth it to get my GTI chipped? This will be the only mod I do to my fast if I decide to do it.

·
Registered
277 Posts
You should be running 91 anyway.....its what the car needs to run in its optimal state, but you can read about this a million places.

All map'n programs (APR, REVO, GIAC) you can switch between a stock map and perf map. You either need a laptop, or you can buy their flashloaders. APR has this kick ass feature that you can use your cruise control functions to change your maps.....sweet concept.

Some even have 93 oct. maps which is great for me a few extra ponies (since I use 93 anyway)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts