Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a APR chip, and i cannot get my cruise control to work. Im i suppost to have cruise control, or does the chip replace cruise control???

·
Registered
577 Posts
Call the APR dealer who installed your reflash ( you dont have a chip ) and explain to them whats happening, they should be able to guide you - good luck.

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Call the APR dealer who installed your reflash ( you dont have a chip ) and explain to them whats happening, they should be able to guide you - good luck.
He has an mkiv, they actually had to solder on the chip for our ecu's...

My car isn't chipped but my cruise control doesn't work :(

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
I can live with 10lbs of boost for now. :) N75 is on the way then i move on to big turbo ;)

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
Honestly as long as the chip works i wouldnt care about the cruise control ... ive used mine like once ...twice max. i plan on getting APR to chip my 07 GTI after Xmas.

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
There's an APR dealer not too far from my house, I'd say maybe 20 mins. In Chesapeake, VA.

·
Registered
577 Posts
ok, i know the MKV is just a reflash, no soldering involved, just hooked up to a computer and reflash the ECU, then away you go up to 50 hp more power.

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Unfortunately for us mkiv owners, they soldered the chip onto our ecu... And even worse, no 50hp gain, just a minor 30-35 over stock...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.