Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We posted many things about chips and upgrade. However, it only comes down to 2 or 3 major players. I have an APR chip on my FastLightning (GTI 4d Candy White) and I love it. It does not make the most power put is safer then Revo and GIAC. I also happen to like ABT (http://www.abt-sportsline.de/Home.7.0.html?&L=1) which they have the BEST stuff for VW and Audi. However, their are a little more money (and worth every penny) and thats why I when with APR (ohh well!!). I think either one is the BEST in the market! (The dealer for both is www.paisismotors.com). What you guys think? 8)

·
Registered
245 Posts
mapssi said:
I have an APR chip on my FastLightning (GTI 4d Candy White) and I love it. It does not make the most power put is safer then Revo and GIAC.
Doesn't make the most power?

APR: 252hp/303lb-ft
REVO: 250hp/285lb-ft
GIAC: 218-250hp/257-292lb-ft

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I have a question about the Giac chip. With the flashloader program that costs $550, do the dealers just give you the little handheld, or do they have to motify ur ecu by removing it like APR, then give you the flashloader to switch between programs?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ABT gives you 230hp with stage 1 to the wheels and 270hp with stage 2. APR claims that it gives me 252/303 and GIAC 257/293 but those are at the crank. This is the difference I found so far! 8)

·
Registered
17 Posts
mapssi said:
We posted many things about chips and upgrade. However, it only comes down to 2 or 3 major players. I have an APR chip on my FastLightning (GTI 4d Candy White) and I love it. It does not make the most power put is safer then Revo and GIAC. I also happen to like ABT (http://www.abt-sportsline.de/Home.7.0.html?&L=1) which they have the BEST stuff for VW and Audi. However, their are a little more money (and worth every penny) and thats why I when with APR (ohh well!!). I think either one is the BEST in the market! (The dealer for both is www.paisismotors.com). What you guys think? 8)
I just finished a 30 minute talk with Greg at APR and I gotta say I'm sold. I don't have my FAST yet but I should be picking it up next week. I've been agonizing over the hundreds of posts I've read on the various modding topics and I didn't know which way to turn. Seeing the APR intercooler upgrade pushed me to APR as I kind of want to have a "unified" program; I've been in situations where mixing performance mods can end up with a lot of finger-pointing and game playing at the customer's expense.

I was 90% sold on APR, but Greg pushed me well over the top. We discussed the APR philosophy on ECU programming (maybe a little less power, but much increased longevity, particularly due to avoiding leaning out the fuel mix) and the fact that APR has a strict dealer approval program.

I don't want this to sound like a mindless plug for APR, but I came away with complete confidence in my choice. YMMV.

I talked to Greg about intercooler upgrade, CAI, stage I chipping and turboback. He told me those mods should give me about 300 lbs/ft and high 12's (!!!) with DSG (which I've ordered) and a Quaife. Now all I have to do is wait.

Needless to say, I voted APR.

·
Registered
17 Posts
DMikeS4321 said:
mapssi said:
I just finished a 30 minute talk with Greg at APR and I gotta say I'm sold. I don't have my FAST yet but I should be picking it up next week. I've been agonizing over the hundreds of posts I've read on the various modding topics and I didn't know which way to turn. Seeing the APR intercooler upgrade pushed me to APR as I kind of want to have a "unified" program; I've been in situations where mixing performance mods can end up with a lot of finger-pointing and game playing at the customer's expense.

I was 90% sold on APR, but Greg pushed me well over the top. We discussed the APR philosophy on ECU programming (maybe a little less power, but much increased longevity, particularly due to avoiding leaning out the fuel mix) and the fact that APR has a strict dealer approval program.

I don't want this to sound like a mindless plug for APR, but I came away with complete confidence in my choice. YMMV.

I talked to Greg about intercooler upgrade, CAI, stage I chipping and turboback. He told me those mods should give me about 300 lbs/ft and high 12's (!!!) with DSG (which I've ordered) and a Quaife. Now all I have to do is wait.

Needless to say, I voted APR.
Sorry, typo. That should rea 340 lbs/ft, not 300. I need to do a better job of proofing...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts