Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do you guys think 225USD is alot for my tuner to install the exhaust? he kept on pushing me to have it installed at his shop cuz the downpipe curves a little and there isn't alot of room.

i feel like 225 is alot. im just wandering if i should do it with my friend at his garage with a jack that lifts 18"

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
scans007 said:
Yeah, these exhausts are pretty easy to install if you have the right tools O0

I have a Turboback install doc posted:

http://www.pimpmyauto.com/gti/installs.htm (scroll down to turboback install doc)

My GHL quad tip just got in along with the riger rear bumper skirt./front lip...can't wait to slap those goodies on!
Nice post!

Are you going to take pics of the the GHL install? Stupid question I know. ;D

I have been toying with the idea of changing mine out to either the Neuspeed or the GHL quad but I don't think I really love any of the rear valances for the quad; not to mention NS cost serious coin. Which valance did you get or did you just get the twin tip?

·
Registered
277 Posts
22350 said:
Nice post!

I have been toying with the idea of changing mine out to either the Neuspeed or the GHL quad but I don't think I really love any of the rear valances for the quad; not to mention NS cost serious coin. Which valance did you get or did you just get the twin tip?
You bet, I'm a picture-a-holic O0

Yeah man, it is some good money...but I do my perfshops website (well take'n it over) so we just swap services and costs 8) So I get it at a really reduced price...but I have to say after see'n and holding this piece - it's worth EVERY penny. The welds are pristine and perfect. it is SO light weight it's silly, I picked up the dp and it felt like like it weighed the same as some of my softball bats....it is crazy!

I went with the Riger front lip and Rear skirt......(I'll get side skirts eventually)

Stock pics (Rear skirt - of course mine will be black magic O0)

My actual exhaust (took them yesterday)

At the paint shop:

·
Registered
39 Posts
scans007 said:
22350 said:
Nice post!

You bet, I'm a picture-a-holic O0

Yeah man, it is some good money...but I do my perfshops website (well take'n it over) so we just swap services and costs 8) So I get it at a really reduced price...but I have to say after see'n and holding this piece - it's worth EVERY penny. The welds are pristine and perfect. it is SO light weight it's silly, I picked up the dp and it felt like like it weighed the same as some of my softball bats....it is crazy!

I went with the Riger front lip and Rear skirt......(I'll get side skirts eventually)

Stock pics (Rear skirt - of course mine will be black magic O0)

My actual exhaust (took them yesterday)

At the paint shop:

Hey great set up, I was wondering how much did it run you to paint the rear skirt and front lip thx

·
Registered
277 Posts
Not that any of this is "on topic :'("

But - The body shop said he'd paint it for free since I bring him so much business. That was also before he knew I had a front lip too......so I'm not sure how much it will actually cost. I'm hope'n nothing O0

Dead sexy.....I just hope it looks as good on my ride

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
scans007 said:
Not that any of this is "on topic :'("

But - The body shop said he'd paint it for free since I bring him so much business. That was also before he knew I had a front lip too......so I'm not sure how much it will actually cost. I'm hope'n nothing O0

Dead sexy.....I just hope it looks as good on my ride
My brotha' you know it will!!! O0

·
Registered
635 Posts
yeah i was actually going to get the same exact setup as you scans lol...when you get it installed try to get us alot of pics and vids of the exhaust!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I looked at the Quad months back but no one ever got one so i was worried it wasnt worth it. Im glad we can all let scans be our gini pig lol.

What is the stock color of the lip kits anyways?

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
jodaho said:
I looked at the Quad months back but no one ever got one so i was worried it wasnt worth it. Im glad we can all let scans be our gini pig lol.

What is the stock color of the lip kits anyways?
- Black ABS on the valances

- Primer on the bumpers

·
Registered
277 Posts
Yeah I love be'n the pig........oink oink....

I plan to get a dyno:
1) Stock
2) After Exhaust
3) After CAI (depending if I have cash)
4) After chip

So we should be able to see what type of gains it brings.....or looses......its been proven that the 2.5 is better and can make more power. But eventually when I upgrade the turbo it will be necessary 8)

·
Registered
54 Posts
I was thinking about uping the turbo but thats way up there in my budget. Shit im tryin to still save up for collage lol.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts