Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Okay, first, turn OFF your CAP LOCK!!!!!! :mad:

Second SEARCH!!!!! Here, let me assist: http://myfastgti.com/vw/search.html;a=search :(

Third, post a survey that makes sense, how can i vote on the amount of boost with a yes or no type answer? :wtf2:

And fourth: :WELCOME6:

Oh, almost forgot: Have a nice day! [gti]

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry about that man i tried to get on the underline stuff but it wont let me but what boost controller yall using and how much can u get out of it :) :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i do have the apr chipp in it but want more u know without getting the bigger turbo and stuff right now. Ok so if not using boost control what else u use im just tring to find out more stuff on thats all >:D

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
nonny said:
i do have the apr chipp in it but want more u know without getting the bigger turbo and stuff right now. Ok so if not using boost control what else u use im just tring to find out more stuff on thats all >:D
Do you have a boost gauge? If so, how much boost are you already pushing with the stock turbo? Remember, the stock turbo is a mighty mite....you can kill it if you push too much on it, not mention your un-modified engine. You might try PMing Gtfly...he said his VAG/GIAC guy re-programmed his ECU to push additional boost beyond the GIAC parameters. Not necessarily the best thing for the turbo or the engine but if you really want it, it might give you a bit of pop.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
im still not getting my answer check it out ok what boost does the gti comes stock, then does anyone using a boost controller and if so what is the best name brand next,if not using a boost controller what is everyone using to get more hp i also woundering is the apr chip turning my boost up or not please help me thanks guys

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
nonny said:
im still not getting my answer check it out ok what boost does the gti comes stock, then does anyone using a boost controller and if so what is the best name brand next,if not using a boost controller what is everyone using to get more hp i also woundering is the apr chip turning my boost up or not please help me thanks guys
Well, just because your attitude has won me over..............

In order for you to "get my answer" please do the following:

1. Your car is managed by VAGCOM software, use the data logging VAGCOM so wonderfully provides and find out for yourself what the stock PSI of your turbo is. Then to help with your last question, you can switch to stage 1 APR and log what boost you are getting from their re-map (which obviously is more than stock). Hopefully you will go to someone that charges waaay too much for this service.

2. For your second question, perhaps you didn't see this ever so kind response from NVGTI:
"Try this: http://myfastgti.com/vw/index.php?action=search

Short answer, no one/very few use a boost controller on a MKV.Get chipped."

3. If you want to know what mods people have done to increase their hp, feel free to look through the multitude of threads within this site dedicated to those items; hell, you might even try using the search tab in the toolbar that I am fairly certain was suggested previously.

And please remember, your questions are always welcome!

·
Registered
530 Posts
I'm tapping out now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts