My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of now I've got a fender 50th anniversary strat which is beautiful

and im using a Marshall right now which puts out...need i say more

i like to play classic and hard rock. the strat is great for both but i think later this month i might be getting this to play my heavier interests.

·
Ex-Fahrenheit GTI Owner
1,312 Posts
I used to play in a band back in Belgium - we played G 'N R, Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, ... as long as it was loud and it got us plenty of free beer.

Right now I own a Gibson Les Paul Classic 1960 reissue.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I played a Gibson Les Paul for a few years and recently down (or up??) graded to a Schecter C-1 Classic....I like it a lot more than my LP...I guess it's just preference. I play all kinds of music, from black metal, ie. InFlames, Between the Buried and Me...to jack johnson type acoustic stuff....I love guitar and music, and everything about it.

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
I just started trying to learn I have 2 guitars (both cheap) one electric and one acoustic. I'm learning with the acoustic.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
kryptonkid07 said:
I just started trying to learn I have 2 guitars (both cheap) one electric and one acoustic. I'm learning with the acoustic.
I had a Martin acoustic- I knew three chords- so I formed a band and switched to bass. 8)

I sucked [fish] so they made me the singer.

·
Registered
41 Posts
i'm in a touring band and we're working on our next cd right now (and catching up on bills). I play a gibson les paul custom white on black, a gibson les paul sg natural red finish, fender stratocaster tom delonge signature edition black, ibanez aef37cts acoustic electric and a 52' aspen acoustic large body. Our band is called Day by Day www.daybydayrock.com . Too bad we have to work so much lately, i miss playing shows:(.... oh and we already checked out the GTI's capacity for band equipment, since my drummer uses a gibraltar rack mount, we can fit his entire 5 piece set, hardware, and my marshall halfstack and mesa head and 2 guitars in the back. Hell yeah i should have been a grocery packer lol...

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
b said:
oh and we already checked out the GTI's capacity for band equipment, since my drummer uses a gibraltar rack mount, we can fit his entire 5 piece set, hardware, and my marshall halfstack and mesa head and 2 guitars in the back. Hell yeah i should have been a grocery packer lol...
we want pictures ;D 8)

·
Registered
842 Posts
I have been playing for 20 years, mostly acoustic. I was in a band called Corduroy Lover back in the early 1990's, we played 1 gig and really sucked, I mean REALLY SUCKED. It was fun though, and I was amazed to see that interest from the females did not correspond with our level of ineptitude >:D

I have 2 acoustics (Yamaha and Simon & Patrick), and I really want a Martin D28 - but apparently we need a new kitchen first.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I've never been much of a fan of SG's...I plan on buying a jackson soon, as a homage to my favorite guitarist of all time, Jason Becker. He has ALS (Lou Gherrig's disease), and if ever presented the opportunity, I would love to take him for a wild ride in my GTI. haha...JB's my boy. Yeah I play my Schecter through a Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12. I love that amp....jeeeeebs.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i think the main reason i like the SG is cus im an AC/DC fan lol

i actually dont know much about the guitar... i just think it looks pretty cool

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
i have a few dean guitars right now and a cheap accoustic. i had an all american fender strat but sold it. didnt ever really like it much.

·
Ex-Fahrenheit GTI Owner
1,312 Posts
slimGTI09 said:
i think the main reason i like the SG is cus im an AC/DC fan lol

i actually dont know much about the guitar... i just think it looks pretty cool
Angus Young is da bomb!!! I saw AC/DC in concert several times - the best one was back in 1994: Monsters of Rock in Belgium with AC/DC, Metallica, Queenryche and Motley Crue. I was deaf for two weeks.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Vegas Fahrenheit said:
I used to play in a band back in Belgium - we played G 'N R, Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, ... as long as it was loud and it got us plenty of free beer.

Right now I own a Gibson Les Paul Classic 1960 reissue.
That is beeuteeful !! I dont play guitar, I got too frustrated with it when I was younger and decided that the Sax was more my style.

I do, however play Guitar Hero on a regular basis. I am addicted. :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts