Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been looking for it like crazy this morning. Nothing so far.

I have seen two different commercials so far. One guy driving down the highway w/ girlfriend, windows down listening to engine. Second guy orders food for pickup in torrential downpour so he can drive to strore to pick it up. I'll post if I can find anything....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I want to see the one where the kid gets pulled over. I heard there is another where a guy made his girl get out of the car or something... I hear it is hilarious (if you're a guy) ;D

·
Registered
952 Posts
Have you seen the DVD? If you haven't, run down to your local dealer and ask for the new GTI Brochure. It contains a DVD with a storyline about the fast. Lasts about 60 minutes or so. VERY COOL!
I love the skit when they ask what body part does your fast live in. The first guy says his right foot. The second guy gets it right. ::)

·
Registered
146 Posts
I just saw the ad with the girl. The guy pulls up to the chick, says he's going to the video store and his fast won't let the chick in. Guy says he doesn't want the extra weight and rolls off leaving her on the sidewalk. Pretty creative.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No new mk5 GTI ads yet... but I did find some clever Passat ads (B6? - 2006)

Passat:
- Singing in the rain

·
Registered
952 Posts
Saw the one where the fast and the girlfriend sometimes doesn't get along last night. I VW says they are being aired mainly during the olympics.

Great Job with the links to the old commercials. saw a few I haven't seen in a while.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice...

...but still no police pulling over the kid.

I want to find these in WMV or something where I can save them.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Spicoli said:
Nice...

...but still no police pulling over the kid.

I want to find these in WMV or something where I can save them.
I was contacted by Crispin Porter + Bugusky (VW's ad Agency) and they are sending me the videos plus cool images and GTI stuff for Give aways to our members. I'll have the new videos up as soon as I get them.

·
Registered
32 Posts
These guys are freakin brilliant. I wasn't really considering the GTI after driving a MINI Cooper S for a couple years, but seeing these ads got my butt into a VW dealership. That's what marketing's all about, isn't it?

It says these are the same guys who came up with the creepy Burger King ads? I believe it. Great job posting these up, and nice site

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
146 Posts
It is a funny thing, I usually don't watch much TV at all. Recently though, I find myself staring at the tube just waiting for a GTI commercial to come on. Watching TV for the ads, who would have figured?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.