Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey -
I'm moving to Vancity soon and have my heart set on a GTI. I was wondering if anyone could comment on vehicle availability amongst the lower mainland dealers. Will I be able to get my hands on a new Candy White DSG (2 or 4 door) before July, or am I dreaming? I know VW dealers are already taking orders for 2008 GTIs, but am I correct to assume that I should still expect to pay MSRP for an '07?
Thanks.

·
Registered
842 Posts
munchyman said:
Hey -
I'm moving to Vancity soon and have my heart set on a GTI. I was wondering if anyone could comment on vehicle availability amongst the lower mainland dealers. Will I be able to get my hands on a new Candy White DSG (2 or 4 door) before July, or am I dreaming? I know VW dealers are already taking orders for 2008 GTIs, but am I correct to assume that I should still expect to pay MSRP for an '07?
Thanks.
We just ordered the following - and there are no 2007's in BC matching these specs:

* candy white 2 door
* 6 speed
* NO sunroof, NO leather, NO options!
* 18" wheels
* Get it in October, 2008
There was no United Grey matching this either. I think there were some kicking around with a sunroof though. GTI's in Canada are marked up 6-8% over dealer price. We negotiated 4% off the invoice price (in other words we got $1100 off the sticker). Don't pay MSRP, especially for an 07 - and read other posts on this website. The American buyers are even more aggressive.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I am getting GTI #2 for the wife very soon....the salesman I talked with last week opened up with $400 above invoice. Wow, I guess the economy really does suck if that's where they start negotiations!!

Uncle Dude, what was your cost out the door as I think you said you are paying cash? I don't want to deal with the financing crap so I'll try and do the same, we'll see.

By the way, my wifes car now is a 2001 Buick Century...(granny ride incarnate)...she's gonna piss her pants!

·
Registered
842 Posts
22350 said:
I am getting GTI #2 for the wife very soon....the salesman I talked with last week opened up with $400 above invoice. Wow, I guess the economy really does suck if that's where they start negotiations!!

Uncle Dude, what was your cost out the door as I think you said you are paying cash? I don't want to deal with the financing crap so I'll try and do the same, we'll see.

By the way, my wifes car now is a 2001 Buick Century...(granny ride incarnate)...she's gonna piss her pants!
Here it is, straight from my spreadsheet. I knew every cost before walking in. Taxes hurt....... :'( Hope this helps.

msrp $29,375.00
discount -4% -$1,116.25
monster mats $138.00
iPod adapter installed $389.00
18" Hufeisen $900.00
pdi $715.00
freight $980.00
ac $100.00
battery / tire $25.00
documents $398.00
GST $1,914.23
PST $2,233.26
Total $36,051.24

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Thanks, it helps alot (I'll convert it to US dollars).

I didn't know (the converted) MSRP in Canada was higher than in the US. Velly Intellesting.

Supply and Demand....it can suck

·
Registered
842 Posts
22350 said:
Thanks, it helps alot (I'll convert it to US dollars).

I didn't know (the converted) MSRP in Canada was higher than in the US. Velly Intellesting.

Supply and Demand....it can suck
Hmmm, that is quite a difference. I am not sure if my numbers will help you at all based on that, there is a good thread where people in the US speak about paying 2-4% over invoice. That may be more useful. For this country, I think I did pretty good. I got no benefit for paying cash, the dealer prefers financing........$$

·
Registered
274 Posts
MSRP higher in Canada? I wonder if that has anything to do with trade tariffs or the like. As far as financing goes; dealers in the states would prefer that you finance as opposed to cash. They get a percentage back from the financial institutions and we all know that is where the finance managers at the dealers make their money (along with the extended warranty they sell you.)

·
Registered
4 Posts
munchyman said:
Hey -
Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Jdog here!. On the North Shore of Vancouver I got a Candy white 4 door..no problem....Its Called Capilanao VW/Audi... give them call right away tell them Jason P who just bought his 07 gti sent you!! Ask for Salesperson Derrick....
Mine arrived on the lot I believe mar 26/07 and I bought it apr 29/07..The car show here in Van helped a lot. They are flying off the lot everyone is drooling here over them >>hahaha.... Im just learning how to use this message board so any posts with no message sorry! ciao

·
Registered
842 Posts
jdog said:
Jdog here!. On the North Shore of Vancouver I got a Candy white 4 door..no problem....Its Called Capilanao VW/Audi... give them call right away tell them Jason P who just bought his 07 gti sent you!! Ask for Salesperson Derrick....
Mine arrived on the lot I believe mar 26/07 and I bought it apr 29/07..The car show here in Van helped a lot. They are flying off the lot everyone is drooling here over them >>hahaha.... Im just learning how to use this message board so any posts with no message sorry! ciao
You lucky bastard, I saw your car the day we got ours - April 28th. It looked really good - all shinny and nice.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the info! I will definately get in touch w the dealer. The only thing holding me back right now is the high 6.9% rate (I'm looking to lease), especially in comparison to the low rate south of the border. Any chance it's gonna drop for a summer special?

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I don't know if you can get lease options in Canada through US bank, if you can they have a 2.8% lease for good credit.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
munchyman said:
<snip> Any chance it's gonna drop for a summer special?<snip>
I really doubt it. The car is in demand.

I'll lease you mine so I can get an R32! LOL

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
jgo said:
MSRP higher in Canada? I wonder if that has anything to do with trade tariffs or the like. As far as financing goes; dealers in the states would prefer that you finance as opposed to cash. They get a percentage back from the financial institutions and we all know that is where the finance managers at the dealers make their money (along with the extended warranty they sell you.)
Everything's more expensive in Canada now thanks to your currency tanking. Car prices haven't changed at all from when the C$ was 65 cents US (it's now 90 cents).

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Thalo said:
Everything's more expensive in Canada now thanks to your currency tanking.
I sincerely apologize that we tanked the dollar, but it was a response that we had to take when you guys raised the price of Labatt's. ;D

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Everything you import becomes more expensive when your currency tanks. Except cars for some strange reason.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Very difficlt for Northern Ontario dealers to get any GTI's period. There are 3 in my hometown , pop. 85,000 and they have tried , after I bought my Fehrenheit people came to the dealership looking to get one and the dealer can not get one for love nor money, hehe.

·
Registered
139 Posts
uncle dude said:
22350 said:

Here it is, straight from my spreadsheet. I knew every cost before walking in. Taxes hurt....... :'( Hope this helps.

msrp $29,375.00
discount -4% -$1,116.25
monster mats $138.00
iPod adapter installed $389.00
18" Hufeisen $900.00
pdi $715.00
freight $980.00
ac $100.00
battery / tire $25.00
doNot Allowedents $398.00
GST $1,914.23
PST $2,233.26
Total $36,051.24
I'm sorry but did I read that wrong or did you really pay over $36,000 for a GTI?

·
Registered
139 Posts
uncle dude said:
^^ umm, no you read it right.......but it is in another country with different tax structures and social benefits.........
what are the GST/PST charges for over $4000.00?

dis it come with leather and nav?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.