Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out this morning to grab my owners manuals for my 4 day old Fast, and when I unlocked the door (disarmed), the little blinking light stayed on! (Solid on)
Does that mean that sombody was fwording with it last night? :mad:

THX Guys... Will post pics soon

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
BlackGTI, try unlocking your car with the actual physical key... on a quiet residential street... in the middle of the night.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Thalo,

I don't know about yours but If I unlock mine with the key, the door will unlock and nothing will happen.

Try rolling down the window, lock the car and reach in and open the car from the inside.

There are better security systems. VW's system protects the car but does a poor job of protecting the contents. You could smash a window and reach in. The alarm won't sound until you open the door.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
that would pretty lame if someone smashed my window to get objects out of my car :mad:. window will cost more then anything they take out anyways

·
Registered
352 Posts
jgo said:
Thalo,

I don't know about yours but If I unlock mine with the key, the door will unlock and nothing will happen.

Try rolling down the window, lock the car and reach in and open the car from the inside.

There are better security systems. VW's system protects the car but does a poor job of protecting the contents. You could smash a window and reach in. The alarm won't sound until you open the door.
Interesting...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.