Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 07 GTI and my antenna is just the single classic antenna. But I noticed on the vw website the other day that there is a "two prong" or a dual antenna that comes standard on all 2door and 4door GTI's. How come mine didnt?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I am not really sure. If you look on the vw website you will see it. Its under features and specs for the exterior of the car. Its not that big of a deal but I was just curious. Thanks.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I looked on the site to see it. It seems like there's the antenna on the top, and then two separate antennae integrated into the back window, one on each side. Called the "diversity antenna", I've never heard of it.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Mine came with the same giant piece of shit antenna that all cars with roof antennas seem to come with nowadays. My old Jetta had the exact same one, as did my friend's Mazda. I replaced it with a stubby antenna right away because I couldn't back out of my garage with the huge antenna on.

·
Registered
39 Posts
hey guys, i have a 2006 GTI , and i don't have the antenna on the roof, i don't know why?
if anyone knows where can my antenna be somewhere in the car ,please let me know, coz i need to put my ipod's itrip (FM transmitter) as close as possible to that antenna...thanks

I CAN'T UPLOAD A PIC, IT TELLS ME:

"The upload folder is full. Please try a smaller file and/or contact an administrator."

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
mhk24 said:
hey guys, i have a 2006 GTI , and i don't have the antenna on the roof, i don't know why?
if anyone knows where can my antenna be somewhere in the car ,please let me know, coz i need to put my ipod's itrip (FM transmitter) as close as possible to that antenna...thanks

I CAN'T UPLOAD A PIC, IT TELLS ME:

"The upload folder is full. Please try a smaller file and/or contact an administrator."
Do you have the SAT radio shark fin?

Try downloading your pic at photobucket and posting the link so we can see your image. The upload folder is almost always full do to the high traffic on this site, not to mention myfastgti is free (unless you sac up and donate to FF which everyone should do) so you can't complain.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
I always wondered why mine had an antenna at all. The rear window has those vertical bars, which I was told on another car (without an antenna) was the antenna.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts