1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Octane
1,289 Posts
Definitely liking the:
Rims
Stance
Engine Cover

Looks real clean... sup with the lit up GTI How'd you do it?

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Bcruzin said:
Definitely liking the:
Rims
Stance
Engine Cover

Looks real clean... sup with the lit up GTI How'd you do it?
Reflective tape... (looks good!)

Which brand tape did you use and how is it holding up?

·
Premium Octane
1,289 Posts
I don't know about the Reflective Tape Dragon.. in his sig there a flash-less shot.... I wanna say back-lit acrylic maybe?!?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanx 4 the kind words guys and I will try answer the questions.

First off I am from South Africa, that little country at the tip of Africa ;) and our number plates are similar to the European plates (long).
I had the engine cover done by a fellow enthusiast from our local VW club, who has a body/paint shop. First the lettering on the cover was scanned and vinyl decals made. The whole cover was then sprayed black, pinstripes and lettering decals were added and then finished off with a couple of layers of clear coat.

The I on the grill & rear badges was done with Â"NikkaliteÂ" reflective tape which is used on security booms & road signs. It has been on for 6 months with weekly washing and it is holding up fine. :)
The rims are Karthoums which are a VW option over here but are not very popular.

·
Premium Octane
1,289 Posts
Red_I_5 said:
The I on the grill & rear badges was done with Â"NikkaliteÂ" reflective tape which is used on security booms & road signs. It has been on for 6 months with weekly washing and it is holding up fine. :)
The rims are Karthoums which are a VW option over here but are not very popular.
Damnit. Dragon was right again............. ;D

·
Mod!
3,420 Posts
Here's some more pictures of my red tornado. (Constructive criticism welcome)

Let me know what you guys think. 3 AM, no flash because it took away from the lighting. Shutter was at about 1/13 I believe with ISO at 1600.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
kryptonkid07 said:
Do you have a picture, or can you post one of the Hoen Xenonmatch fogs? I want to get one, but I need to see if it's worth it.
My photography skills suck :( suggest you rely on the pics on the Hoen website.
however here are a couple of my pics of the bulbs that I replaced

Stock left, Hoen right - main & fog

before

after

before

after

:-[

·
Mod!
3,420 Posts
Thanks. I like the fact that you kept the stock on one to be able to see the difference. I replaced my fogs a while back with some cheap $20/pair "super white" bulbs. I think they look exactly the same as the stock fogs. :(

Oh, and where did you get the replacements for your dome lights? I want to get some, my sister's car (Lexus IS250) has these wicked sweet lights. They're like ours that shine red only hers are pure white and there are 8 of them in the front. Even where your feet go there are white lights. Interior is really nice on that car.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
kryptonkid07 said:
Here's some more pictures of my red tornado. (Constructive criticism welcome)

Let me know what you guys think. 3 AM, no flash because it took away from the lighting. Shutter was at about 1/13 I believe with ISO at 1600.
Nice shots... what camera are you using?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts