Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys iv been following this site to try and resolve my problems for a while now. I recently bought a 02 git 1.8t. Driving it home it was overheating (bad water pump) Busted the coolant bypass valve in half. The PO is MIA i don't know what he did to the car or anything here's what i know, It has a hks BOV on it I think its 1st gen. A aftermarket intake no piping just right off the intake hose, there's i think a tornado supercharger in the intake hoes (half tempted to take it out), its lowered and has an aftermarket exhaust on it. not sure what kind. They had a boost gauge in it but it was out when i bought it so i just put one in. my problem is my boost is great for pretty must stock. spiking around 14 to 15 and holding a firm at 10. the thing is when ever i at full boost and slow down. i can only get no more then 5psi and that's being generous. i found out that if i shut the car off and right back on when its doing that its perfectly fine until l i fully boost again. Is it my N75 valve or my waste gate or just plan old boost leak Any suggestions would be great.

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Sounds like limp mode. Is the check engine light on?

You need to get the tornado bs out as well.

·
Super Moderator
5,926 Posts
Hey guys iv been following this site to try and resolve my problems for a while now. I recently bought a 02 git 1.8t. Driving it home it was overheating (bad water pump) Busted the coolant bypass valve in half. The PO is MIA i don't know what he did to the car or anything here's what i know, It has a hks BOV on it I think its 1st gen. A aftermarket intake no piping just right off the intake hose, there's i think a tornado supercharger in the intake hoes (half tempted to take it out), its lowered and has an aftermarket exhaust on it. not sure what kind. They had a boost gauge in it but it was out when i bought it so i just put one in. my problem is my boost is great for pretty must stock. spiking around 14 to 15 and holding a firm at 10. the thing is when ever i at full boost and slow down. i can only get no more then 5psi and that's being generous. i found out that if i shut the car off and right back on when its doing that its perfectly fine until l i fully boost again. Is it my N75 valve or my waste gate or just plan old boost leak Any suggestions would be great.
Get ride of that tornado shyt first of all.

Second of all welcome to the site.

Third check your n75. My friend had an issue like that and he changed it out for the OEM one and got ride of the race N75 and that fixed all his boost issues.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was pretty sure that tornado wouldn't do anything. i just wanted someone to just say to take it the hell out.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the welcome man, you guys are great on here form what ive been reading. and exacly where would i find this n75 valve. ive herd a lot about it but some people say its a pain in the ass to get to it.

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Thanks for the welcome man, you guys are great on here form what ive been reading. and exacly where would i find this n75 valve. ive herd a lot about it but some people say its a pain in the ass to get to it.
It should be a plugged in connector with a T fitting built into it, located near the where the hks should be, or can be found along the intake piping. It's a real sensor with wires.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So it cant be that hard to find. I don't know why someone would tell me there a pain in the ass to get to. but ill check it out if i had to replace it should i with a OEM or one from like ecs

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Oem is the safest alternative

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Would the n75 cause my boost gauge to jump a little at idle its at -21 and jumps to about -19. my rpm gauge isnt moving but my gauge is

·
Super Moderator
5,926 Posts
Would the n75 cause my boost gauge to jump a little at idle its at -21 and jumps to about -19. my rpm gauge isnt moving but my gauge is
It might. But i would do the n75 first to be on the safe side than i would see if anything else gets fixed or not.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Alright guys ill try it it cant hurt anything. thanks for the advice I'm glad i came here instead of vortex.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts