Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well have had my GTI for three weeks now. Had my first close call with a stupid cat that mistook the roar of the engine for a purr or something and leaped out in front, luckily I also got my first real test of the brakes and they stopped beautifully...


not that I have any love loss for stray cats, but i didn't feel like cleaning off fur from my grill.


So any scary close calls with animals that would actually bring some harm with your GTI? Plus does anyone know if deer whistles work?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
530 Posts
I almost hit a deer in Yosemite, and a bear checked out my GTI that evening! Countless near misses with rabbits.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,311 Posts
alanrumpf said:
So any scary close calls with animals that would actually bring some harm with your GTI? Plus does anyone know if deer whistles work?
I'm waiting for MythBusters to prove they don't. They tend to make deer stop in the middle of the road and stare at your headlights.
Besides I have a built-in deer whilstle (Neuspeed intake ;D).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I had a friend with a Corrola who swore he never saw another deer in a certain area once he had them installed....


of course it also looked like he has two tricycle horns sticking out under his rear-view mirrors...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,908 Posts
I had deer whistles on my old car and never hit a deer (in a deer-populated area). By that hypothesis they do work, but the null hypothesis is that I haven't had deer whistles on my cars for the past 5 years and have still not hit a deer.

I did narrowly miss one on my left side once, just veered around him as he ran at me. Chased one down once also. Stupid deer, if you're gonna cross the road, finish crossing, don't turn and run directly away from the lights, you'll just wear yourself out.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,311 Posts
Thalo said:
I had deer whistles on my old car and never hit a deer (in a deer-populated area). By that hypothesis they do work, but the null hypothesis is that I haven't had deer whistles on my cars for the past 5 years and have still not hit a deer.

I did narrowly miss one on my left side once, just veered around him as he ran at me. Chased one down once also. Stupid deer, if you're gonna cross the road, finish crossing, don't turn and run directly away from the lights, you'll just wear yourself out.
Deer are VERY unpredictable... but one thing I have learned- if there is one deer... there is more. If a deer dashes in front o f you- expect his friends to be following behind him. :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,064 Posts
Thalo said:
if you're gonna cross the road, finish crossing, don't turn and run directly away from the lights, you'll just wear yourself out.
Damn!! Thats why I always get so tired!!

Funny sheit THALO, you need to post more, it's almost like your never here anymore. :'(

I can't remember the last time you told a nooby to use search...waaasup?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,420 Posts
Thalo just lurks around now...


Okay I have had a lot of close calls and a lot of well, plain calls. haha.

In my previous car I hit a possum, and 3 squirrels.

man, I swear. One of those squirrels was suicidal. It was a 2 lane road with a middle turning lane. I was just driving minding my business when a squirrel dashes in front of my car. Luckily it was pretty far ahead to where I didn't have to brake hard. He just stood in the middle turning lane looking around. I pressed on the gas thinking the squirrel was safe. I swear the squirrel waited until I got close enough so I couldn't avoid him and ran back into my lane!! It was like a Geico commercial gone wrong.

In my GTI I haven't hit an animal yet. The roar of the engine scares the wildlife.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
842 Posts
I was just driving minding my business when a squirrel dashes in front of my car.
I love that line, like the squirrel was looking for you..........hilarious. The problem with squirrels is that they have that hitch in their step, run stop run stop run squish........ :'(
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,908 Posts
22350 said:
Thalo said:
if you're gonna cross the road, finish crossing, don't turn and run directly away from the lights, you'll just wear yourself out.
Damn!! Thats why I always get so tired!!

Funny sheit THALO, you need to post more, it's almost like your never here anymore. :'(

I can't remember the last time you told a nooby to use search...waaasup?
Yeah, I found a new forum where I devote most of my online time to. There's just way to many posts here nowadays for me to be able to read them all. I'll try to spend more time here and rail on noobs. Playing Forza has got me thinking upgrades again, anywho.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,420 Posts
So did the moose die?

And Thalo... What kinda car do you have on Forza? It's an awesome game. I wicked twist of fate has robbed me of my Xbox 360... Freaking ring of death or whatever it's called.

I had a GTI (red like mine, MkV) swapped the engine with a 3.8L V6 and upgraded the heck out of it. Ended up with around 800 horses. 0-60 in like 2.4 seconds. I wish Forza was real life. i'd have 120,000 dollars and 14 cars.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,908 Posts
My main car, that I use whenever the race allows for it, is a blue GTI. I modded the heck out of the regular engine. Something like 500hp and it handles way better than any of my other cars. The thing sounds awesome too!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,420 Posts
[jacked]

yeah i know. I'm going to send it back to Xbox tomorrow. The warranty better cover it!

My main car before the GTI was the MKIV R32 turbo charged. That thing was fast. Not as fast as my 3.8T GTI though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
Two days after I got my vehicle, I was driving down this nice and windy country road (I live in WI) and I swerved to miss a rabbit, unfortunately; a cute little chipmunk was in the way of the wrath of the weight of my 18" rims and my all season tires... sigh... poor chipmunk...

Then I got door dinged a week later or so.... karma... sigh.... poor chipmunk... poor door
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
530 Posts
Almost hit a @#$! skunk this morning. :eek::eek::eek:
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top